Thursday, September 23, 2010

"On Fire": Kisses from Katie

"We are enlarged in the waiting. We, of course, don't see what is enlarging us. But the longer we wait, the larger we become, and the more joyful our expectancy."---Romans 8:24-25 (Message)

"We must be willing to get rid of the life that we've planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us."---Joseph Campbell


Do you ever have days (or nights) when you're just...full? That's me today. There are some things that the Lord has spoken that have brought about confirmation...others revelation. I don't think I will be real long with this (cause it's been a LONG week and I really just want to go to sleep!); yet, this woman is too remarkable not to put into your psyche...as soon as possible.

I'll get to her in a minute.

As I was meditating on all of the "On Fire" women these past few days, as I thought about another email about another one preparing to jump the broom (congrats, Nicole!), while one part of me was so thrilled that more Ezer Kenegdos are being brought closer to their HOUSE-BANDS (congrats to you as well, Miriam!), for those of us who remain, it was interesting the Word that the Comforter brought back to my remembrance:

"Then God said to the woman,'I will cause you to have much trouble when you are pregnant, and when you give birth to children, you will have great pain. You will greatly desire your husband, but he will rule over you.'"---Genesis 3:16 (NCV)

James 5:16 tells us that if we confess our faults we can be healed, right? My confession for today: I have been a hypocrite.

The girls that I mentor know me for saying that I don't believe in boyfriends (anymore) in the way the concept is taught (and adhered to) because you should live married...when you're married. There is a gift to singleness. It's a wonderful time to make life be about, first and foremost, the Lord (I Corinthians 7:32-34) and what he desires for you as a sole entity. This is the time for us to find out who we are in him. Well, what I have come to terms with is that, while I do believe that I am called to be a (pardon the pun) KILLA EZER KENEGDO (LOL) and I know that El Berith, the God of Covenant, gave me the heart to prepare women for marital covenant so that we all can live out Malachi 2:15 ("God made husbands and wives to become one body and one spirit for his purpose—so they would have children who are true to God."--NCV), there is something I realize that he is preparing me for...in a way I hadn't quite thought of before.

Do you see the curses that were given to Eve? She would have pain in labor? She would greatly desire her husband and he would rule over her? Well, check this: the Holy Bible from the Eastern Text actually translates the "desire husband" part as this: "...you shall be dependent on your husband." WIVES WILL BE DEPENDENT ON THEIR HUSBANDS.

Most of us on here? We are not wives...yet. What I had to ask myself is "Why am I trying to take on a burden that the covering of covenant (Matthew 19:6) has not been put in place for to protect me...yet?" Perhaps that's why sometimes, in wondering about my future as it relates to marriage, I get overwhelmed. I'm taking on a concern that I don't need to be concerned about just yet. I'm putting my dependence in the wrong place. Wow. Just wow. Yeah, that was a blow to my human trinity (mind, body, spirit) this week. It really was. To be so focused on the "curse" that I can't enjoy the blessing of being without the curse? Forgive me, Lord for I have sinned. Indeed.

Yet, Abba is merciful. Rather than berate me about it, he had a former editor (and current friend, thanks Kristin Whittlesey) of mine tell me about a blog. A blog from a single woman. A blog from a single woman who has (whew!) adopted 14 (thus far) African children. Talk about a Mother Theresa of our time. I won't speak for Katie. I'll let her blog speak all for itself.

http://kissesfromkatie.blogspot.com/2010/08/teenagers-and-lesson-from-jacob.html

There's a lot of potential emotions that Katie may resonate within you. More than anything, what I do hope it will do is remind you that where you are today is just as much of a gift as where you will be tomorrow. You're just as beautiful in your Sabbath or Sunday best as you will be in your wedding gown. You see, what Katie did for me is remind me that my life is not "on pause". Even now, it is FULL OF PURPOSE. This is a time where I am being enlarged so that my future covenant can be just that more wonderful, that more miraculous, that more grand!

I don't know Katie. I don't even know if she desires to be married someday (I haven't read enough of the blog to see if she mentions that) yet I'm gonna make her an honorary "On Fire" gal, anyway. Let her be an example and reminder to us all that when you're not dependent on a man that means you're solely dependent on his Creator.

That's far from a curse. That is the greatest kind of blessing.

Kisses to you too, Katie. An inspiration, indeed, my sister in Christ, you are. I looked up the meaning of your name. No surprise that it means "Pure" (in Greek):

"Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God."---Matthew 5:8 (NKJV)

Without question, Katie, YOU. HAVE. SEEN. HIM.

KATIE. IS. BLESSED.

Love to you all,

SRW

3 comments:

  1. That is awesome but I will be honest I am going through a "Desire is strong" moment and it is not about the "intimacy" of marriage, you know what I mean. But the In- To- Me- to- See, the companionship,the help and support. It is getting a little lonley and hard over here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey ladrena,
    i don't know you, but i TOTALLY understand that feeling, well maybe not exactly but I do understand loneliness and things getting hard...I'm going to say a prayer for you tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Shellie for reminding me of the God who sees......I am the Nicole that she spoke about and ladies coming from the other side and figuring out this new spirituality as one preparing to be an Ezer Kenegdo is interesting and hard.....but God still has to be first!!! Thank you Shellie for the Romans 8:24-25 Lead Word, it is only in hindsight that God will show me the completed Ezer Kenegdo in this period of blindly trusting Him and not seeing the little glimpses of who He is forming me to be, like I was accustomed to before.

    ReplyDelete