Sunday, September 18, 2011

"On Fire": Make a Rendezvous. With God. And Your Man. NOW.

"[LOOKING FORWARD to the shepherd's arrival, the eager girl pictures their meeting and says] Oh, that you were like my brother, who nursed from the breasts of my mother! If I should find you without, I would kiss you, yes, and none would despise me [for it]. I would lead you and bring you into the house of my mother, who would instruct me. I would cause you to drink spiced wine and of the juice of my pomegranates. [Then musingly she added] Oh, that his left hand were under my head and that his right hand embraced me! I adjure you, O daughters of Jerusalem, that you never [again attempt to] stir up or awaken love until it pleases."---Song of Solomon 8:1-3(AMP)


Oh for grace to trust Adonai more!

On yesterday, I saw an old teacher from my high school days. Boy, when the Word, which is Adonai (John 1:1), speaks about blessings and cursings coming out of the same mouth (James 3:10), he ain't neva lied (why of course not!-LOL-Titus 1:2)! In the midst of all of his questions (and some accolades), in almost the same sentence he said, "You'd be a great mother" and when I replied with "Someday", he then said, "You're 37. Your eggs are drying up." I remained calm (because a man, *and woman*, of understanding remains that way-Proverbs 17:27) as he pushed. The issue. "You know as you get older, it's harder to pass eggs", to which I replied, "I'm fine." He kept pushing the point. Rather...*his point*. I finally said, "If Sarah could do it, then..." He paused for a brief moment and said, "Well, that's *different*. God had his hand on that." Sometimes I wonder if we really *listen to what we're saying*. My response? "God's hand is in every pregnancy." That silenced him.

It's so...well, wonderful really, to be at a place where anxiety does not *infect me* in the way that it used to. To be at a place where I don't just *tolerate* but *embrace* being on Adonai's time schedule (Acts1:7-Message), which, being that he is eternal (2 Peter 3:8), is really just a matter of being trusting, faith-full and obedient. I keep telling people that *the Sabbath* (Exodus 20:8-11), because the Word says that it is *blessed and hallowed*, brings about many sacred wonders (which is why the Deceiver works so hard to have so many not keep it). And so yesterday, when the Ruach HaKodesh, the Divine Spirit...*the Comforter* (of all comforters-John 14:16-AMP) said to me, "Faith is developing the kind of character that transitions your request into God's will", I knew he was onto something; that a new *glory-to-glory* (2 Corinthians 3:18) revelation was upon me. Upon the entire "On Fire" team, actually. *If you choose to receive it. And it is indeed your choice*. Oh, but when I say that it is a gift from the heavens just for your heart...oh is it!

RENDEZVOUS.

That was the word that I heard in my spirit (I Corinthians 2:13-15) on yesterday as well (see what I mean about the Sabbath?) and while (and sadly), the word is usually used only in a romantic or sexual (and oftentimes "sneaky sexual") context, I was pleased to see what the *actual definition* means: "an agreement between two or more persons to meet at a certain time and place". Amos 3:3(NKJV) asks us to ponder, "Can two walk together, unless they are agreed?" This lines up quite beautifully with some words that King Solomon was inspired (2 Timothy 3:16-17) to pen once upon a time re: the power and (some of the) purpose of intimate friendships (the foundation of *any* healthy relationship):

"Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their labor. For if they fall, one will lift up his companion. But woe to him who is alone when he falls, for he has no one to help him up. Again, if two lie down together, they will keep warm; but how can one be warm alone? Though one may be overpowered by another, two can withstand him. And a threefold cord is not quickly broken."---Ecclesiastes 4:9-12(NKJV)

You know, even to this day, a lot of people don't realize that there are actually *three main characters* in the Song of Solomon: King Solomon, the Shulamite woman and the shepherd (there's a pretty thorough study on it here). Anyway, while Solomon was in hot pursuit of the Shulamite, it was the shepherd that she longed for. It was the shepherd that she truly adored. Makes sense being that a shepherd is defined as "a person who protects, guides, or watches over a person or group of people". All spiritually-discerning women who *really understand* the purpose of marital covenant (Genesis 2:24-25, Malachi 2:15, Matthew 19:1-10, I Corinthians 7:1-16, Ephesians 5:22-33) should desire a man, *their man*, to have the heart of a shepherd; a man who follows after the heart of *the Shepherd* (John 10:1-30), most of all.

And so, earlier this morning, when I heard a character on a television sitcom tell his girlfriend that he had not yet slept with, "I'm not waiting *for* you. I am waiting *with* you" AND THEN, the Comforter led me to Song of Solomon, all of the pieces started coming together.

1) The spiritual maturity and resolve of the Shulamite woman to *look forward*. Her willingness to experience a place of "advancement", to go "onward"...to move "ahead".


2) How eager (in a good way: enthusiastic, desirous, intent and earnest) she was to meet with her shepherd man.


3) How she states that at one point, he was like her *brother*: the thing that *all men* are to be honored as in our lives *until* marriage transitions the relationship. To the role of "husband".


4) The fact that she was open to instruction on what to do re: her Beloved. Indeed, there is safety in *wise counsel* (Proverbs 1:1-7).


5) The symbolism of pomegranates. Being that I am a Rosh Hashanah observer (and have been since I've been abstinent), I am aware of the fact that they symbolize *righteousness*, *fruitfulness* and *fertility* in Jewish and Christian culture. It's actually a divine delicacy during this time of celebration.


6) The fact that she was also *spiritually mature enough* request that love not be excited within her until it was time to. Side note: if you have friends that don't encourage and/or support your purity quest and wife preparation, *re-evaulate the purpose of the relationship AND reset some boundaries*. There are a million and one ways to guard your heart (Proverbs 4:23)!

And then rendezvous began to make more sense. Perfect sense, actually!

Oh, how Satan wants to rob us of this *very special time* of love development (James 1:4). So much so that a lot of us are more focused on "lack" rather than what we stand to *gain* within this season.

"Don't fret. Don't fear. Don't lose focus. Simply make a rendezvous with me. With us, actually."

That is what I heard the Spirit (John 4:24) say to me. Simply *agree* to meet with Adonai and my shepherd at a certain place and time. ADONAI'S APPOINTED PLACE AND TIME.

That's it? Yep. That's it.

A lot of times, we're doing so much *extra* that we put more stress into our lives than we have to. See because when you *agree* with the Lord, what you're saying is that you are going to make a concerted effort "to have the same views, emotions, etc.; harmonize in opinion or feeling" as him; "to live in concord or without contention; get along together" with him...(whew!) "to be consistent" in what he requires during the preparation process.

You know, I once read somewhere that if you can't live with your family then you have no business getting married. Apply that statement to this and if you can't get into agreement with your Heavenly Father, how do you expect to do it with your husband? Decently and orderly (I Corinthians 14:40), even when it comes to love, are how things are to be done. Is how Adonai expects them to be done.

And so, when the Lord says, "make a rendezvous with me and your future husband", I'm sure you see the beauty in it all, right?

"Agree with me that I will get 'him' in agreement with me to put the two of you in agreement with one another."


What a *delightful* way to look at things! And as most of us know, "Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He shall give you the desires of your heart." (Psalm 37:4-NKJV) That's not a *possibility* that is a *definite*.

This week, I *strongly encourage you* to book some "reasoning together" (Isaiah 1:18) time with your Abba Father about your upcoming rendezvous with your shepherd. Agree that *his place* and *his time* is not just good for you, but *right for your relationship*.

And then watch where agreement gets you.

Much further than you could *ever* get (or have been getting-*wink, wink*) on your own!

Lech Lecha,

SRW

No comments:

Post a Comment