Saturday, September 3, 2011

"On Fire": So, What'd You GET? What'd It COST You?

"An excellent wife is the crown of her husband, but she who causes shame is like rottenness in his bones."---Proverbs 12:4(NKJV)

"Sex without love is violence."---Eric Jerome Dickey 


Yeah. Well.

It's short-n-sweet this go 'round. *Really*.

On today, the Sabbath (Exodus 20:8-11), ironically, I am *working* on *resting* more (Hebrews 4). And so, I try to sign off from technology until the sun, on Saturday, sets.

More and more, I'm starting to see why.

Most of you know that I work with X3Church.com and so I often use the weekend to prepare to pen my blogs. Anyway, I was pretty much sick to my stomach when (just) I read that R&B singer, Ray J. will more than likely be earning $7-10 MILLION DOLLARS for the sale of the sex tape that he "starred in" with Kim Kardashian. As I was just telling a friend of mine, more and more, I see just what the Word, which is God (John 1:1), means when it says that money is *a root* to all evil (I Timothy 6:10). It's not so much the money, but that it is used to fund so much straight up and utter foolishness. It's a root to evil's movement.

Anyway, I said this was gonna be brief and I want to be true to my word. It's simple. The next time you decide to partake in *any kind of sex* outside of the marriage bed (Hebrews 13:4, I Corinthians 10:23), after knowing that Ray J. just earned *millions* (although Romans 6:23 doesn't change. You can be in physical wealth and still remain in spiritual poverty-Matthew 16:26), be sure to ask yourself two questions:

"What are you going to get out of it?"

"What is it going to cost you?"

I had always heard that I was sitting on *a million dollars* are giving it away for a Happy Meal. A wife is a *crown* for her husband. An immoral woman is the gateway to hell (Proverbs 5). Tryon Edwards told us that "Hell is truth seen too late." I've been the Proverbs 5 woman. It cost me, not gave me, the emotional equivalent of millions. I'm in "Proverbs 31" recovery now. It's worth it. To wait. Even if it's just so that my husband doesn't have to know that tons of people can gawk at the gift he's been given. 14, for me, is *more than enough* (sigh).

Vivid Entertainment didn't pay $30 million  for nothin'.

Sad that Satan (and his agents) are finding more value in our "goods" than we are.

Choose wisely.

ykl,

SRW

No comments:

Post a Comment