Thursday, September 29, 2011

"On Fire": UNORDINARY MEN. GET ONE.

"David went to Nob to see Ahimelech the priest. Ahimelech shook with fear when he saw David, and he asked, 'Why are you alone? Why is no one with you?'

David answered him, 'The king gave me a special order. He told me, 'No one must know what I am sending you to do or what I told you to do.' I told my men where to meet me Now, what food do you have with you? Give me five loaves of bread or anything you find.'

The priest said to David, 'I don't have any plain bread here, but I do have some holy bread. You may eat it if your men have kept themselves from women.'

David answered, 'No women have been near us for days. My men always keep themselves holy, even when we do ordinary work. And this is especially true when the work is holy.'

So the priest gave David the holy bread from the presence of God because there was no other. Each day the holy bread was replaced with hot bread."---I Samuel 21:6(NCV)


Happy Rosh Hashanah!

To those who observe it, anyway (good link here) and I certainly am one of those people.

Anyway, I see that "On Fire" is going through some *on fire shifting* (royalty, honor, leadership will be recurring themes within this season) yet today, I won't be with you super long. It's just that when I "happened upon" (Proverbs 16:33-AMP) those verses above this morning, it was *too good* to pass up an appointment with Adonai to further discuss. We reasoned (Isaiah 1:18) it out. Here's the point:


PRAY TO BE(COME) AN EXTRAORDINARY WOMAN TO BE BROUGHT TO AN EXTRAORDINARY MAN.

Yeah. It may *seem* obvious, but extraordinary is not a common word. *Obviously*. Something---well in this case, *someone* who's "extraordinary" is someone who is "beyond what is usual, ordinary, regular or established"; it's someone who is "exceptional in character, amount, extent and degree"; it's someone who is "noteworthy" and "remarkable"; someone who is "rare", "phenomenal" and "special".

Now, some of y'all may pray this already re: your future Beloved and if you do, I'm *really impressed*. Yet, based on what some of you write me, I think this is actually gonna shift your standards and enlighten some dark places (Psalm 18:28) re: what you've *been accepting* and what you see you should be, by your own character, aligning yourselves to be *preparing to receive*. I mean, just *rare* alone caused me for pause. And once I looked up the definitions (whew Abba Father!), I saw why:

Rare: unusually great; unusually excellent; admirable; fine; (catch this one) coming or occurring far apart in time; unusual; uncommon

Timing is the Father's business (Acts 1:7-Message). Sometimes, the rare ones require a bit *more time*.

Yet, it takes *a lot of humility* (Luke 14:11) for one to realize that they are not (yet-James 1:4) what they desire for their lives; that to embrace an extraordinary man, there's some "counting up the cost" (Luke 14:25-33) that is required to be an *extraordinary woman*. And that if you *really make that your focus*, you're *committed* to doing whatever that requires.

AND THAT IT REQUIRES...*a lot*.

That is what's so *on point* about the verses for today. Some of us, in our (new) quest for a rare man, are not *alone*. We are simply *apart*, from them, for a season (Ecclesiastes 3), as the *extraordinary-men-in-training* that Adonai has *set apart* (Psalm 4:3) for us are *about their Father's business*.

I LOVE that David said that he and his men were without women, even in doing *ordinary work*, so that *they* could remain holy. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THAT!!! And that, when it came to holy work (ministry, philanthropy, missionary, etc.), it was *especially so*. And as a result of such a commitment, the men were given, not just bread. But *holy bread*. You know me, I go to the deep end (LOL): "It is written, ‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.’"(Matthew 4:4-NKJV)

A (SINGLE) MAN WHO *CHOOSES* TO KEEP HIMSELF FROM A WOMAN, ESPECIALLY *HIS WOMAN*, AS HE IS DOING HIS WORK SO THAT HE CAN KEEP HIMSELF HOLY IS *EXTRAORDINARY*. NOT ONLY THAT, BUT IN HIS SERVICE TO THE FATHER, HE IS GIVEN *EVERY WORD* THAT PROCEEDS FROM THE MOUTH OF ADONAI.

One of the things that would include? *How to treat his (future) wife.*

Oh, how so many women settle for men who, based on their *lacking* spiritual diet, cannot even *begin* to comprehend what it means when the Word says, "Therefore, just as the church is subject to Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in everything. Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her, that He might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word, that He might present her to Himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that she should be holy and without blemish. So husbands ought to love their own wives as their own bodies; he who loves his wife loves himself." (Ephesians 5:24-28-NKJV)

Indeed, perspective changes *everything*. While the thief is trying to rob (some of us-John 10:10) blind (literally) into thinking that we have been forgotten, Adonai actually has our men either away from us or not with the ability to give us the attention that we desire (yet) because, in their being *apart from us*, he is actually *feeding them* with the *holy bread* revelation of how to treat us once we arrive (Genesis 2:22). In full manifestation. Because, the quote that people love to send me about a woman having to be so deep in Christ for her man to find her now has a new twist: a man has to be so full of Christ even comprehend why he needs "her" in the first place. If we were to take this "bread analogy" further:

If the Word is the "bread", the wife is the "dessert".

And a *good Father* makes sure that his son has his dinner, his staples...*first*.

Yeah. That was good, God. *Real good*.

Y'all can settle for the ordinary if you want to. On this side of wisdom, *rare and unordinary* suit me just fine.

*sending you love post cards in the form of prayers, my Beloved. Until you return*

Ahavah Shalom, Ladies...

SRW

3 comments:

  1. Wow!Thanks Shellie. As one that has had a shift in relational status (I found a Godly woman) this inspires me much to become extraordinary. Its funny I didn't even see my need for this lady in my life. She was a distant desire. Now that we have meant and shared on much deeper levels I now see I NEED her. The fun part is knowing we are not yet fully ready for each other. Thanks for the lesson today. I NEEDED it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!.. I am striving to become extraordinary woman. Thank you Shellie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been working on doing just this. October 5th will be my 4th month of being set aside for God to do anything and everything He wants with my life, for Him to bring the complete healing and dependence on Him that was so lacking in my life. He has been showing me that not only am I to trust Him in everything (especially a man), but that I am to come to Him FIRST with everything. I am not the fastest learner, but during this time, my daily quiet times have become conversations WITH God, rather than talking AT God, and I won't go back to ordinary for anything. I love that we can walk our lives with a God who loves us and wants communication with us and has so much more for us than we could even dream up. That He is a God who we can truly count on to fulfill us completely.
    Thanks Shellie for sharing another word from God.

    ReplyDelete