Tuesday, October 11, 2011

BOOK RECOMMENDATION: "101 Cups of Water: Refreshment and Relief for the Tired and Thirsty Soul"

It's a quickie.

My mom forwarded this to me this morning. It really resonated:

"All my life I’ve sought to be extraordinary. I want to be admired by others and also admired by myself so that I don’t feel the shame of being just plain ordinary. I used to think that ambition was an indication of emotional health. Not so. Extraordinary people feel extraordinary pressure to continue being extraordinary. It’s a prison from which one cannot easily escape. The effort to maintain 'extraordinary,' to be a somebody, even to be a super Christian, takes so much energy and consumes all one’s joy and peace. Worse, any of us who are bound to maintaining an extraordinary spiritual reputation eventually find Jesus oddly irrelevant, even an impediment, to one’s purpose. Jesus came to free us from the prison of needing to be extraordinary."

It's an excerpt from a book entitled, "101 Cups of Water: Refreshment and Relief for the Tired and Thirsty Soul". Loved it!



Keep hangin' in. And on'.

SRW

No comments:

Post a Comment