Wednesday, November 9, 2011

BOOK RECOMMENDATION: "They Were Single Too: 8 Biblical Role Models" (David M. Hoffeditz)

Hook, line and sinker...

"I am comforted to know that God is the one distributing marriage or singleness. The God who called me before He created this world, the One who knows the number of hairs on my head, and who gave His Son for me is the benefactor of these gifts. It is the Lord who has appointed---not Aunt Lilly, not my mother, not my so-called friends, nor that well-meaning church member."---"Paul: The Gift of Singleness", pg.9



Although some of the people in the book ended up married (so I'm still processing the title...just a bit), I did find some nice nuggets within it. Also, if you're someone who wonders if you have the "Gift of Singleness" over being in a *season of singleness*, this might give you *some* of the clarity you seek (personally, I feel that if you desire sex or marriage you don't have the gift. If you'd like a second opinion, check out a more thorough read on the matter here).

Anyway, if you want to see Paul, Anna, Martha, Jeremiah, Ruth, Joseph, Nehemiah and John the Baptist in the "single light", you can get this book here.

tmm,

SRW

No comments:

Post a Comment