Thursday, November 10, 2011

"On Fire": Everything You Love. Nothing You Expect.

"For those who love what you reveal, everything fits—no stumbling around in the dark for them."---Psalm 119:165(Message)

"Expect your every need to be met. Expect the answer to every problem, expect abundance on every level…"---Eileen Caddy 



There's a verse in Jeremiah (31:3-Message Version) that says, "Expect love, love, and more love!"

Watch this...

Just now, while doing some emailing, in the background noise of the television, I heard a car commercial (not sure which one...sorry) that simply said (at the end), "Everything You Love. Nothing You Expect."

Immediately, I Googled the phrase to see which car company was using it and look at what I found instead: a married couples' blog: "Marriage: Nothing you expect, but everything you could hope for". I read a bit of it. I liked this a lot right here:

"In Casey, I have someone that I know I can talk to about what happened throughout the entire 11 months and understand where I'm coming from. When we get home I won't have to struggle with trying to explain my experiences and there being no one that I can relate. The other side to that coin is though we have been with each other for the same countries and contacts we have had two very different experiences. Because of our different experiences I have the benefit of a very different perspective than my own. I feel this is one of the greatest advantages of being married and moving on in life with one another. I'll always have Casey's point of view to combine with my own. I'll always be able to see a fuller picture of any shared experience because I get to see it with another set of eyes and one of the purest hearts known to mankind.

Throughout the race I have had Casey to speak life into me. Whether I doubted my ability to share the message the Lord had put on my heart or the effectiveness of my efforts to serve, I have my wife to encourage and challenge me. I have the Love of my life to push me when I need to be pushed and support me when I need to stand firm. I have seen God's hand at work as much in our marriage and my relationship with my wife as I have in any other ministry on the race. I have also been more challenged by what God has shown me through our marriage and through Casey's heart than anything I've experienced in my life."


Indeed, indeed...INDEED, I *love it* when a man praises his rib! However, because I wasn't totally sure what 'the race' was, I did a bit more research on their blog. Ah, they were talking about "The World" race! Here is an excerpt from one of their more recent posts (I'm assuming they are traveling because they haven't put anything up since this past July):

"So much has happened that again, even if I were skilled literary master I couldn't put it all down. Our main goal is to help our teams get to a place where they are intentionally listening for the Lord each and every day. We know the Holy Spirit is actively moving and working through our lives and we hope to help people realize that it's as easy as just slowing down long enough to hear what He has for you. We also hope that we can help our teams realize the importance of just being with the Lord. A missions trip is not a doing, it never has been. If a team goes home and all they can talk about is what they did on their trip and know nothing of what it is just to be in the Lord's presence that they will have missed one of the most important factors of what it is to know Christ and serve Him. I know for me, this has been a journey that I am still very much on and I know Christ will continue to walk me through it. I like being busy, I like to do stuff. I don't like sitting still and just listening to the Lord, at least that's how I used to be. I'm starting to see how amazing it is when you just let the Lord take control and go along for the ride. It's such a beautiful and powerful thing to know that you don't have control but He does. It's the most freeing experience anyone will ever have."

Tom is starting to see how amazing it is when he lets the Lord have control and he just goes along for the ride! *Nice*.

If you spend more time on their blog, you'll see that they're a couple called, at least in this season, to missions work. And indeed, wouldn't that be fitting for the title of this blog? The Lord saw fit to place two people together (and from their "A little about us" section, *quickly*, I might add), to be willing to travel the world and serve others.

In one another, they found love. And in the joining of that union, also so much that they didn't expect!

My bottom line? Those of us who are still waiting for the will of the Lord to *fully manifest itself* in the area of marital covenant, we have to remember what the Word, which is God (John 1:1), tells us: that he does not lie (Titus 1:2). Therefore, when *he tells us* to EXPECT LOVE, that is not a *recommendation*, that is a *command*. When *he* tells us, that when we love what he reveals, *everything fits*...that's not a *guesstimation*, that is a *promise* (2 Corinthians 1:20).

Personally, I have been a big (HUGE) fan of Proverbs 16:33(AMP) for some time now: "The lot is cast into the lap, but the decision is wholly of the Lord [even the events that seem accidental are really ordered by Him]." And looka there: the commercial led me to the blog and the blog led me to this message. We have to be open to the miracles of Adonai's teachings (Psalm 119:18-NCV), whatever way he chooses to teach us.

We serve a mighty big God! Even in our meantime times.

Don't limit him. EXPECT HIM.

qwh,

SRW

No comments:

Post a Comment