Thursday, November 10, 2011

An Ounce of Prevention: QUOTE OF THE DAY

"I have everything I wanted -- but I wanted all the wrong things."

Whew! The article entitled, "Looking for Love: Understanding What You Need" is not one that I agree with *totally* (serial dating ain't really my style), yet that quote up top was *definitely* worthy of giving it a shout out. This part too: 

"'If you are looking to a partner to make you feel worthwhile, to make you feel happy, to rescue you from a bored or unhappy life, if you are seeking someone to make you feel complete or whole -- well then you have some work to do, because these are needs that are never going to be met by any one other than yourself,' says Sugrue. 'To put those demands on someone else is to set up yourself -- and the relationship -- for failure.'"

You know, I was trying to figure out why *so much* is coming forth this month and then I looked to the left of the blog and realized that "On Fire" turns "2" this month (on the 21st, to be exact!). I guess Adonai wants us to go into the new calendar year *really clear* on a few things (LOL). I ain't mad at him!

Lech Lecha, Ladies...

SRW

No comments:

Post a Comment