Sunday, February 12, 2012

"On Fire": There's a Miracle In Store (In Honor of Whitney and Kindness)

You know...

*A lot* of people have...transitioned since the start of this blog, but when I read the news of Whitney Houston's passing on yesterday, it hit me in a different kind of way. The generation before me (well, people about ten years older than I am), when Michael Jackson died (which also still throws me a bit to think about), they spoke fondly of the first LP of his that they bought. That's what I thought about with Whitney. Her self-titled LP with the slick back hair and apricot strapless dress was the first one that my parents allowed me to purchase. *I was so excited*. And to this day, spending two weeks of my allowance on her? I have absolutely no regrets.

But I'm shouting her out here because it's rather sad that *such a talent* became known just as much, if not more, for her tumultuous personal life as her *unbelievable* singing gift. That included her marriage. Now, I am a New Edition fan as well (they're actually in Nashville tonight although, I'd be really surprised if Bobby will be performing *now*). It takes two. In a marriage...it always does. But for such a female powerhouse to have "found dead in a Beverly Hills hotel room" as a part of her bio before even turning 50, it does remind me that choices...always have a domino effect. That *every single one* matters. That if my remaining single, for now, is what will *preserve* my life and the quality of it, then so be it. Love is to make you better. LOVE IS ALWAYS TO MAKE YOU BETTER.

And so, while there are a million and one songs that I could put up here, in honor of "Random Acts of Kindness" (February 13-19) week and Ms. Whitney Houston's signature that she put on the world, the song that I have chosen to post is one that I recall had a bit of controversy because (quiet as it's kept) it's actually about abortion. It's a pro-life message and most of you know that abortions are a part of my testimony (I Timothy 4:14-16-AMP). AND, I'm choosing it because I love what the chorus says, "Nothing should matter not when love grows inside you. THE CHOICE IS YOURS. THERE'S A MIRACLE IN STORE." Some are pregnant with babies, but we know what Romans 8 assures us all:

"All around us we observe a pregnant creation. The difficult times of pain throughout the world are simply birth pangs. But it's not only around us; it's within us. The Spirit of God is arousing us within. We're also feeling the birth pangs. These sterile and barren bodies of ours are yearning for full deliverance. That is why waiting does not diminish us, any more than waiting diminishes a pregnant mother. We are enlarged in the waiting. We, of course, don't see what is enlarging us. But the longer we wait, the larger we become, and the more joyful our expectancy."---Romans 8:22-25(Message)

Nothing should matter, not when love grows inside you. The choice is yours. There's a miracle in store.

THE LORD HAS PLACED WITHIN ALL OF US THE ABILITY TO GIVE AND RECEIVE LOVE.

The longer we wait, the larger we become, and the more joyful our expectancy.

DON'T RUSH THE PROCESS. WAIT FOR THE KIND OF LOVE THAT WILL MAKE YOU BETTER. THAT WILL MAKE YOU MORE LIKE HIM. JUST LIKE WHAT TRUE LOVE, *REAL LOVE*, IS SUPPOSED TO DO! BECAUSE THAT KIND? IT IS TRULY MIRACULOUS. PLEASE WATCH THE CHOICES THAT YOU MAKE AND *GUARD YOUR HEART* (PROVERBS 4:23). LOVE IS GROWING IN THERE.


Prayers go forth. For all who are hurting today. From a loss of love.

Be *kind* to yourself and others this week.

tmm,

SRW

No comments:

Post a Comment