Saturday, March 10, 2012

"On Fire": SPRING. FORWARD.

"Then your light shall break forth like the morning, your healing shall SPRING forth speedily, and your righteousness shall go before you; the glory of the Lord shall be your rear guard."---Isaiah 58:8(NKJV)

"No matter how long the winter, SPRING is sure to follow."---Proverb


I don't know why I didn't catch the correlation. Yesterday, I chose to wind down by watching "Young Adult" (Charlize Theron) on On Demand. I *hate* it when people give away movies that I want to see, so just in case you are thinking about getting around to checking it out, I won't go real deep into the message/moral of it all. I will say this though: Charlize's character is 37, single, a writer from home and...in an emotional rut. I'm the first three of those things as well. The last one? Let' just say that I spent a lot of 2011 getting free from *that* stronghold. Oh, but there's nothing like seeing yourself outside of yourself to know that it's either good that you changed or that it's time to make a major transition (it really is a good movie on a lot of levels).

And then I thought about the fact that time changes on tomorrow. Indeed, just in time for spring, it's time to *spring forward*. And suddenly, I found myself getting excited! TIME IS CHANGING TOMORROW. In preparation for a season shift.

I thought about it... 

How spring is a time for planning and planting.

How spring is a time when people *graduate* and *celebrate* the *completion* of things.

How spring is a time when what was once dormant begins to grow and bloom.

*And* how the Spirit (John 4:24) let me know that none of these thoughts are limited to nature. How it's time for many of the women in the "On Fire" movement to spring forward as well. 

It's time for some of you to make some NEW plans and plant into some NEW "gardens".

It's time for some of you to *bring some things to completion*.

It's time for some of you to *fully release your past* so that you can grow and bloom.

How do I know?

Because one of my favorite Bible verses (as many of you all well know) is Acts 1:7(Message): "Timing is the Father's business. What you'll get is the Holy Spirit" and the Holy Spirit on this beautiful Sabbath day led me to this quote:

“Life is all about timing... the unreachable becomes reachable, the unavailable become available, the unattainable... attainable. Have the patience, wait it out. It's all about timing.”---Stacey Charter

When you complement this quote with the lead verse of Scripture for this little pep rally for our souls (LOL), how can you *not* get excited about what's to come?!?  Healing is going to come forth *speedily*. And once that happens, the unreachable will be reachable, the unavailable will be available and the unattainable will become attainable. 

*AFTER HEALING*, THESE THINGS WILL MANIFEST.

Now, I will say this. While I'm not being led to call a fast, we do know what the Word says about the benefits of going on one: 

"Jesus said to him, 'If you can believe, all things are possible to him who believes.'

Immediately the father of the child cried out and said with tears, 'Lord, I believe; help my unbelief!'

When Jesus saw that the people came running together, He rebuked the unclean spirit, saying to it: 'Deaf and dumb spirit, I command you, come out of him and enter him no more!' Then the spirit cried out, convulsed him greatly, and came out of him. And he became as one dead, so that many said, 'He is dead.' But Jesus took him by the hand and lifted him up, and he arose.
 

And when He had come into the house, His disciples asked Him privately, 'Why could we not cast it out?'

So He said to them, 'This kind can come out by nothing but prayer and fasting.'"---Mark 9:23-29(NKJV)

If you are struggling with unbelief or some kind of an unclean spirit, then a fast may be *exactly* what you the Spirit is prescribing. 'Cause here's the other thing about the lead verse. In the New King James Version, guess what it's entitled? "Fasting That Pleases God". And I so adore this part of that chapter:

"The Lord will guide you continually, and satisfy your soul in drought, and strengthen your bones; you shall be like a watered garden, and like a SPRING of water, whose waters do not fail."---Isaiah 58:11(NKJV)

Love it! SPRING time all over the place!

And in commemoration of that, if you are a woman who believes that you are *graduating* to a new chapter, shoot me an email (missnosipho@gmail.com) with a couple of your new goals, a prayer request and your mailing address. We'll talk about why in private. ;-) To everyone else, I pray that you will *embrace...fully* this new season. After all...

WE LIVE LIFE ONE WAY IN WINTER. WE DO THINGS DIFFERENTLY IN THE SPRING!!!

tmm,

SRW

No comments:

Post a Comment