Friday, March 30, 2012

An Ounce of Prevention: "What DW Wishes She Knew as a Single Woman Before Marriage"

"If I could do marriage over again, I would have prepared for marriage more during my engagement. I don't think that newlyweds understand how hard it is to let go of their single-minded living ways. It really has been a process for me to learn that I don't have to do everything my way or that I should expect my husband to want to do dishes.

Also, I wish I had learned to balance my work and personal life better. Since I got married, I have been more focused on getting our finances more secure so that we can build a financially stable environment for our family.

Oh, and just because you are married doesn't mean you should stop trying to impress/ court your spouse. It is so easy to lose sight of the romantic needs of your spouse when you get caught in the daily grind of making a living. Romance should still be a priority in a marriage."---DW (35)

No comments:

Post a Comment