Tuesday, March 6, 2012

An Ounce of Prevention: "What I Wish I Knew as a Single Woman Before Marriage"

"My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge."---Hosea 4:6(NKJV)

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”---Unknown



OK...

So in the midst of ALL that is going on (the amount of words that I churn out a day has quadrupled in the past month or so due to some professional transitioning), I was praying about how to plant into this ministry/movement in time for spring. I laughed at the word that the Spirit (John 4:24) spoke to me: IGNORANCE.

Ignorance: the state or fact of being ignorant;  lack of knowledge, learning, information, etc.

Only, it's kind of "ignorance in reverse". If this blog were to cease from being updated today, thanks to a couple of years and several blogs on the roll, I think we all can agree that there is a wealth of information on here. No, what the Lord meant was for me to ask some married/divorced women about what they were ignorant about *before* they got married.

I did and already I have gotten some profound responses.

And so, in the between whatever else is gets posted on here, you will see preventive tips that will be posted like quotes of the day. Matter of fact, I think that I'll share this one now:

"I wish I had trusted God and waited on the Lord to deal with unresolved sin in both my life and the life of my spouse before we entered in instead of manipulating Scripture to my advantage like: 'two are better than one'.  I wish I had known the consequences of entering in sexually broken and sexually sinful.  I wish I had known that what I believed in my mind of how it was going to be was something I created and was not substantiated by the Word of God. Dreams and visions are great but only dreams and visions that can be measured by Scripture will stand and bear fruit."---Michelle (45)


We *really are blessed* to have "On Fire", y'all.

Have a good one,

SRW

4 comments:

  1. I wish that I would have trusted God more fully, and that I would have sought Him out as my everything rather than rushing into a relationship with the first man who chased me AND "looked" godly. That I would have taken the time to look for fruit in his life rather than just listening to the fact that he had the "right" words to say.
    I may be divorced now, and have been hurt, but I am in a much better place with my Daddy God who loves me like no other, fulfills me completely, and has promised a future like I could never dream up on my own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blessed indeed. I am so thankful to have stumbled on this blog after reading an article you wrote in Relevant Mag. My GOD knew I needed this. Your honesty is refreshing & Passion for our Lord is contagious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "We really are Blessed to have 'On Fire'" is an understatement! Honestly I can't think of a word or description for the impact it has had/is having on my life. Blessed is definitely 'one' of them, but it still doesn't say it all. It's often also an 'awe, wow, ah ha.., exhale, just shake my head and wave my hand' kind of thing for me. "On Fire" is PRICELESS! Thanks so much Shellie!

    Also to Michelle and RED (above)...ditto. I feel ya Sis!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah,

    I overlooked the fact that I should ask any of the divorced "On Fire" gals if they wanted in on this. My apologies.

    If you have something that you would like to present formally, *please* let me know at missnosipho@gmail.com.

    SRW

    ReplyDelete