Thursday, March 15, 2012

An Ounce of Prevention: "What JEANETTE Wishes She Knew as a Single Woman Before Marriage"

"If I could do marriage all over again, one thing that I wish I knew as a single woman is that I should have waited to have sex until I was married. I gave up my virginity when I was 16-years-old and later vowed to not have sex until my wedding night. On my wedding night, I understood in that moment why God intended sex to be with one person in the confines of marriage. There is freedom, no shame, no feeling of 'this doesn't seem right', no fear. Just God's perfect wedding gift.

If someone were to directly ask me for some advice before they got married, I would say-CHOOSE RIGHT! I have so many friends who jumped into marriage knowing that the person wasn't exactly what they wanted and they are divorced now or having serious problems. All I see is heartache for these friends and when I ask them about when they were dating, it is always the same answer: 'Oh, I saw red flags, but I just pushed them away because I loved him. Or, my friends and family warned me, but I just pushed them away telling myself that it was my relationship, not theirs and they didn't understand.'"---Jeanette (37)

No comments:

Post a Comment