Saturday, April 7, 2012

"On Fire": FUNNY (AND PROFOUND) QUOTE OF THE DAY

"Nothing is sweeter than finding out that the cute boy who dumped you in the 12th grade lives in his mother’s basement."---Unknown


This morning, as I was thinking about Shabbat and how so many people are especially reflecting on the sacrifice that Adonai made on our behalf by way of his Son (John 3:16) this weekend, I also thought about the fact that the Seventh-Day Sabbath (Exodus 20:8-11, Matthew 12:1-8) was so revered that even Christ remained in a state of rest until Resurrection Sunday (Matthew 28:1-8). Based upon all of that *and the hilarious quote* up above, in relationship to this blog, two things came to mind:

1) Most of us are familiar with the fact that 2 Corinthians 1:20(NKJV) states, "For all the promises of God in Him are Yes, and in Him Amen, to the glory of God through us." Promises *in God* are "Yes" and "Amen". They are in the affirmative because he's in agreement with them. That makes sense being that the Word, which is Adonai (John 1:1) states, "Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him." (I John 5:14-15-NKJV)

SO IF GOD SAYS "NO", IT MEANS THAT IT'S NOT A PART OF HIS WILL FOR OUR LIVES. THIS MEANS THAT IT'S NOT WHAT'S BEST FOR US (JAMES 1:17). HOW CAN YOU KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A "GOD YES" AND A "GOD NO"? WHEN GOD IS IN AGREEMENT, HE MOVES IN THE *AFFIRMATIVE*...THERE'S *POSITIVITY*, THERE'S *TRUTH*, THERE'S *SATISFACTION* (PSALM 145:16). AND THERE'S NOT SPIRITUAL CONFUSION (I CORINTHIANS 14:33).

2) How it really is easy to develop a god complex. Perhaps that's the reason why, "You shall have no other gods before Me" (Exodus 20:3-NKJV) is the first commandment. Just think about it. It was God who resurrected Christ. Therefore, if the Lord saw fit that Christ remain in a state of spiritual sleep (Psalm 13:3), he would've. My point?

ONLY GOD CAN RAISE THE DEAD. THIS MEANS THAT WHEN A RELATIONSHIP IS DEAD, NOT ONLY IS IT "NO LONGER ALIVE", BUT "NO LONGER IN USE, VALID, EFFECTIVE OR RELEVANT". GOD CREATES RELATIONSHIPS THAT ARE *SPIRITUALLY RELEVANT*. WHEN WE SPEND OUR TIME TRYING TO *MAKE RELATIONSHIPS HAPPEN* THAT AREN'T, WE ARE PLAYING GOD. WE ARE EITHER TRYING TO KEEP ALIVE WHAT IS DYING OR WE ARE TRYING TO RESURRECT WHAT IS DEAD---WHAT ONLY GOD CAN DETERMINE WILL BE RELEVANT AGAIN...IF IT'S HIS WILL.

And what does all of this have to do with the lead quote for today? You know, in a poem that I wrote many years ago, the ending of it goes like this: "God promised to give me the desires of my heart, not the aid to my addiction. I was so fixated on you, I had forgotten what I asked God for way before there was a you. Way back when my parent's divorced, when I was introduced to Barbie and Ken dolls. Way back when a guy I had a crush on for six years told me that I was ugly. Way back then, I asked God for love and He has shaken heaven, earth, my heart and this relationship to deliver just that...True love, and this ain't it."

Sometimes we want something, or in the case of this blog *someone*, really badly and we feel like when God says "no" that it's a rejection. Many years ago, the Spirit (John 4:24) had me pen a piece entitled, "The Blessin' in Rejection". Oh how quickly we forget that the Lord doesn't just see the present. He's gifted enough to also see into the future and as my mother has said and I have shared on here on more than one occasion, "God doesn't give us someone for where we are, but where we are going and no one knows that but God." So often, we find ourselves being just like the author of that quote: not being appreciated by the guy we want and not realizing that it's actually a blessing in disguise.

Now, I don't know if it's "sweet" to see the whack dude living at home, but it is definitely a confirmation that when the Lord allows a relational death, it's clearly the way for abundant life (John 10:10). Whether it's by way of something that's *newborn* or by way of *resurrection*, we should leave it to the Most High, the Possessor of heaven and earth (Genesis 14:19), either way.

EVEN IN MATTERS OF THE HEART, WE'RE NOT CALLED TO "PLAY GOD" BUT TO *SERVE HIM*.

Yeah, so praise the Lord for all of the, "Yeah...I don't think you want *that dude*" responses to prayer that he has given you in times past (or for some, that's manifesting *at this very moment*). It's simply his way of clearing a lane for something better. Yep...

GOD CAN *ALWAYS* TOP US (I CORINTHIANS 2:9). WHEN WE TRY AND TOP HIM (OR HIS METHODS OF DOING THINGS), THAT'S JUST ANOTHER FORM OF IDOLATRY THAT WE NEED TO AVOID (I CORINTHIANS 10:14).

Brings a whole 'new meaning to "Let sleeping dogs lie", doesn't it? (LOL-Matthew 7:6-NKJV)

Happy Resurrection Weekend,

SRW

No comments:

Post a Comment