Wednesday, April 25, 2012

"On Fire": What Would You WARN Your Future Husband About?



Yesterday, I penned an entire devotional on warning signs. So, I kinda knew that was a heads up for some other "warnings" that may present themselves throughout the upcoming days ('cause messages that you share, more times than not, are for you...*first*).

One warning that I *just read* a second ago made me smile. It was simply *cute enough*. So much so, that I wanted to share it with the ladies. It's entitled, "Warnings For My Future Husband" and it provides cute and quirky insights (more like *foresights*) from a gal named Lindsay. Take this one, for instance:


"I don’t shave my legs above the knee between November and March (October through April if we move above the Mason-Dixon). I apologize for this in advance; I know it’s not an ideal situation for you. I’m secretly hoping that you are one of those guys who grows his beard out in the winter. If you’re one of those, I think you’ll understand where I’m coming from."

And this...

"I don’t play well with others in the kitchen. I will try to boss you around, even if you are making your great-grandmother’s recipe that you’ve made 200 times. If I am annoying you, please send me away to walk the dog or buy that one ingredient you 'forgot.' If, however, I am taking the lead on the cooking that night, I hope you’ll humor me and allow me to bark orders at you like I’m Mario Batali when there’s only five minutes left on Iron Chef. And, while we’re on the subject, please never root for Bobby Flay when we are watching Iron Chef. I don’t care if it’s a rerun and you know he’s going to win. I hate that guy. No rooting for Flay."

As someone who does premarital (and marital) counseling, *I promise you* that there would be *a lot less* casualties when it comes to unhappy unions if it those sessions were globally this thorough. After all, warnings aren't always *bad*, but they do give a word of *caution* about some things so that people can *prepare*.

So you know what I'm thinking, right? Somewhere amidst all of the journaling and love letter writing that you may be doing in relationship to your future beloved, this could be a fun and really relevant exercise. One, so that "he" can get in a few laughs and "Ohhh...OH-KAY" moments on the back side of the broom jumping and two, so that *you* can actually see some things about yourself beforehand too. Because, indeed, while some things may be "This is just who I am. Deal with it" 'ish, others may be some things that could use some fine-tuning on the single side of life.

Anyway. Just a thought.

Have a good one (and check out the full letter if you have a minute or two),

SRW

No comments:

Post a Comment