Saturday, November 10, 2012

An Ounce of Prevention: "The Husband's Sanctifying Role in Marriage"


"Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. For the husband is head of the wife, as also Christ is head of the church; and He is the Savior of the body. Therefore, just as the church is subject to Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in everything."---Ephesians 5:22-24(NKJV)

So...

I was praying this morning for the "On Fire" women and the Spirit (John 4:24) led me to doing a mini-series on the *biblical role* of a husband. I will pray about what to pen, but for now, I *really encourage you* (especially if you are currently in a serious relationship or you are engaged to be married) to read an article that I "happened upon" (Proverbs 16:33-AMP) just a few moments ago. It's entitled, "The Husband's Sanctifying Role in Marriage". It's really good...and thorough. It's amazing how much we can want something and God is like, "You don't even know what *that* is...let me show you." (LOL) Yeah. More and more, I'm seeing that a husband is one of the things that is on that "You *think* you know, but you have no idea" list. For many of us.

Anyway, here are a couple of excerpts:

"This responsibility for my wife's spiritual growth involves two primary assignments: I am not to lead her into sin, and I am to lead her into righteousness."

"John MacArthur puts it this way: 'Men, if you love a woman, you will do everything in your power to maintain her holiness, her virtue, her righteousness, and her purity . . . every day you live. You'll never put her in a compromising situation where she would become angered, because that's a sin. You would never induce an argument out of her, because that's a sin. You would do nothing to defile her. You would never let her see anything or expose her to anything, or let her indulge in anything that would in any way bring impurity into her life. Love always seeks to purify.'"

LOVE *ALWAYS* SEEKS TO PURIFY.

Definitely something to think about, ponder and pray over. 

I'll be back.

tmm,

SRW

No comments:

Post a Comment