Tuesday, November 6, 2012

"On Fire": Are Your Insecurities Holding You Back? (Hint: Yes, They Are!)




“If you would prepare your heart, and stretch out your hands toward Him; if iniquity were in your hand, and you put it far away, and would not let wickedness dwell in your tents; then surely you could lift up your face without spot; yes, you could be steadfast, and not fear; because you would forget your misery, and remember it as waters that have passed away, and your life would be brighter than noonday. Though you were dark, you would be like the morning. And you would be secure, because there is hope; Yes, you would dig around you, and take your rest in safety. You would also lie down, and no one would make you afraid; Yes, many would court your favor."---Job 11:13-19(NKJV)


Hey Ladies...

So last night, when I was praying about and for the "On Fire" women, another "ouch" came when I was asking the Lord what was delaying some of the women's process when it came to being brought to their husbands (Genesis 2:22). Indeed, I never really thought about the fact that *just like God opens and closes wombs* (Genesis 29:31&30:22), the Almighty himself will stand in the way of a woman being brought to her husband if neither one of them are *truly and truthfully ready* (John 8:31-32). The Spirit (John 4:24) provided me with some insight on why a lot of *us* are inadequately prepared (at the moment):

"Shellie, how much help is a helpmate going to be if she is insecure? I created you all to be lifesavers and with all of the voids that you have in your self-worth and value, and it's evident by the choices that you make, you are currently the equivalent of a life jacket with holes in it. In your current state, you won't be any real or lasting help to 'him' at all."

Well. I mean...

And so, I went to go and look up what the Word, which is Adonai (John 1:1), has to say on the issue and guess what word is not mentioned in the Bible (in any version from what I can see)? INSECURE. Isn't it amazing that God will speak on things like murder and adultery, but a subject like insecurity he is basically silent on? I thought about that even further and then another "ah ha!" moment came to me. God's Word spends *so much time* edifying us. On top of that, Genesis 1:26-28 speaks to the fact that from the very beginning, he made us in his image to reflect his likeness. Therefore, it's almost like he is saying, "You are made to reflect me. Therefore, I'm not going to spend a lot of time focusing on how *badly you feel about that*. It is insulting to your Creator and a waste of time for you."

Ouch again! As I am getting freer from my own insecurities, I never really thought about the fact that some of the things that I struggle with *offend God* since he is the One who made me *and* that is probably the main reason why Satan wants me to stay in that *dark* place (*because it offends God*). As I was sharing with an "On Fire" woman who is on the masturbation fast recently, there is a *spiritual reason* why King David (as fine as he was-LOL-I Samuel 16:18) could say, "I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, and that my soul knows very well." Something that I discern (Proverbs 2) that a lot of us miss is that he started off that statement by saying "I will praise YOU" and ended it by saying "my SOUL knows very well". King David was praising God for his own "individual reflection" (Psalm 33:15) that his *soul* can understand and relate to. It wasn't about if he was tall enough or built enough. It was about knowing that being made in the Spirit made him spiritual and that is something to praise Abba Father for!

Ladies, the more studying, marital counseling and praying (not necessarily in that order) that I do, the more I am coming to *really respect* covenant. And as it relates to this blog, the *power and purpose of a helpmate*. Now, it's another message for another time, just how many women *dishonor God's order* by *assuming a role and position* that they actually don't have (yet). You are a Ezer Kenegdo when *God joins you together* (Matthew 19:6). Yet, please don't miss out on this *very special and sacred time* of preparing for that position. Women who desire marriage are to be more than just brides (that lasts for a few hours). We are to be more than just wives too. Thanks to *Hebrew Scripture*, we see that we are also to be Ezer Kenegdos: helpmates that help to save lives! A person in *that* position simply has no time to be insecure!

So, this week, I would encourage you to jot down your own list of insecurities. No matter how big or "small" (those "pinholes" are the ones that can really sneak up on you!). Then, look up Scriptures that speak *directly* to them (you can go to BibleGateway.com and put whatever word in the keyword search on the left-hand side). Keep a journal and as the Spirit leads, write about what God shares with you. You can use blue or black ink for you and red for "him" so that you can keep everything in order (I Corinthians 14:40). Although this particular blog might have made you feel like, "Wow. Will I *ever* get this thing, right?" if you're looking through *the spiritual eyes of faith* (Hebrews 11), you'll actually see that the Spirit's answer is that he is bringing you *just one step closer to your future (that God already knows the identity of in the present) beloved*. The more secure you are in God, the more secure *he is* about bringing you to your husband (amazing how *that* works, huh?).

Besides, I've been quoting that "Hope does not disappoint" (Romans 5:5) for *quite some time now* and did you catch the underlined and bold part of the lead Scripture for today? You will be secure because there is hope!

You're made in the image of God, "On Fire" women. So this week, go and get a mani/pedi or a new blouse or shade of lipstick to celebrate it! When you break your insecurities, you will be able to be a more reliable lifesaver. All things work together (Romans 8:28).

tmm,

SRW

No comments:

Post a Comment