Saturday, November 17, 2012

"On Fire": It's Our Third Anniversary!!!


"Meditate on these things; give yourself entirely to them, that your progress may be evident to all."---I Timothy 4:15(NKJV)


Hey Y'all...

Well, I was going to wait until Monday to post this, but we are about to start the "Husband Mini-Series" today and so I thought that I should send out a message first acknowledging that we are (whew!) three years and running (on 11/19).

When this first started on Facebook, I really had no idea how long it would go or how big it would get. In the course of this time, some women who never thought they would get married are and honestly, some women who thought they would be married by now...are not. Yet, one thing that I have seen, especially with the women who have been following the blog, taking their spiritual walk *seriously* and staying in touch with me about their journey, is *progress*.

When the Spirit first brought to me the name "On Fire", while I did dig the Scriptural reference (that's featured on the top left-hand side of the page), I wasn't completely sure where he was leading. But when you're in the fire, when you're in the *refiner's fire" (Malachi 3:2), that speaks to being in a place where God can (and will, if you would totally surrender to the process) do just what the word "refine" means:

Refine: to purify from what is coarse, vulgar, or debasing; make elegant or cultured

That's really what this blog is about: purifying us in our single state so that we can be the kind of wives who value covenant, adore our husbands and honor our marriage beds as we worship the Creator of all three.

And so, take a moment to celebrate where you were three years ago, two years ago...*this time last year* (whew again!-LOL) in comparison to where you are now. God has a purpose and a plan. The Divine Spirit was with us when the blog started, he's with us now and he's also right at the altar, waiting for us on our special day. That's just how big God is!

If there was a song that I would dedicate to you all as I pray for you to be *brought* to your beloveds (Genesis 2:22), it would probably be this one:


Don't settle.

Wait on the right love...the full love...the kind of love that will make you more than you could've *ever* imagined!

Happy Anniversary,

SRW

No comments:

Post a Comment