Wednesday, December 19, 2012

"On Fire": A God FedEx for Those Standing Under the Mistletoe Alone...





 "Lord, You have heard the desire of the humble; You will prepare their heart."---Psalm 10:17(NKJV)


Those who know me...

Know that I'm not the "Christmas on crack" (LOL) kind of gal. There are a lot of reasons for it. I'm a deep thinker and researcher and that pretty much sums it up. However, I remember a few years ago, when I interviewed a Jewish woman who was married to a Christian man (they observe what they call "Chrismahanukah"), she said, "I don't get a lot of the paganism behind why and how Christians observe Christmas, but if it's going to be the one time of the year when people are going to act like they've got some sense and be peaceful towards one another, I'm definitely down for celebrating that."

ME. TOO. ;-)

And so, while my head is spinning as I'm doing 90 million things to get this calendar year behind me, I tend to have the Hallmark Channel on. It makes me feel...safe and honestly, I can't say that about *most* television stations these days.

Anyway, last Saturday night there was a Christmas movie on and there was Santa in all of his glory (LOL). The movie was actually called "Santa the Matchmaker", I believe and although it was mostly serving as background noise, there was one part in the movie that I haven't been able to get out of my head. As a matter of fact, as I've gotten to know some of you "On Fire" women personally over the years, when I think about what Santa said (and *trust me*, Santa *rarely* moves me-LOL), I find myself getting a bit emotional.

When Lacey Chabret's character was a little girl in the movie, she looked at her parents and how they loved one another and made a Christmas wish to have a "Prince Charming" of her very own. Now, we know that the Word, which is Adonai (John 1:1), tells us that "Charm is deceitful" (Proverbs 30:31), but I'm learning that a lot of people haven't gotten that memo yet (2 Timothy 2:15-AMP); therefore, I get the sentiment behind her wish, for sure. She wanted real, lasting, healthy love.

DON'T. WE. ALL?

OK, so fast forward to her being an adult. She's in a relationship with a guy who, let's just say is married to his job and not really courting her. As Santa tries and put her together with the man who he believes truly deserves her (because sometimes forces will move you from where you *are* to where you *should be*), there's a scene where she tells Santa (not knowing that he is Santa, of course) about the wish that she made as a child for true love.

In response, Santa simply said, "All wishes are granted, but some take a lot longer than others."

Boy, if we could swap out the jolly man with the white beard and replace him with the "Ancient of Days, with the white garment and hair of wool" (Daniel 7:9, Revelation 1:14), it was like the Spirit of God (John 4:24) came right into that movie and said those words himself...in this way:

"My daughters, if you delight yourself in me, I will give you the desires of your heart. Some of them simply take longer than others." (Psalm 37:4)

Personally, it's been *years* since I've had someone to stand under a mistletoe with me. And it's funny (although on some days, not so funny-LOL) because back in my FB days, I told people that when it came to being united with my beloved, I believed that I was in my "eve before Christmas Eve" season and now, even with nothing but faith in sight (Hebrews 11, James 2:14-26), I now feel like it's Christmas Eve. I can't explain why. I just feel that way.

Yet, I also know that to God, a day is like a thousand years and a thousand years are like a day (Psalm 90:4, 2 Peter 3:8) and what that basically means is that he is timeless. And so, my "Christmas Eve" may take longer than I would think (or on some days, even would like). I'm also willing to bet that some of you would like "a man of your very own" to keep you warm this holiday season as well and you're not sure what season you are in when it comes to having him.

However, as sure as I am typing this, I want you to hold onto the fact that if you have prayed for a husband---a deeply spiritual man to be your best friend and who will do all of the things that the "husband series" entails---that God has heard you. And not only that, but there are a network of women who are all "touching and agreeing" on the very same thing. You can take comfort in that because we know that God cannot lie (Titus 1:2) and that his Word says,  “Again I say to you that if two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask, it will be done for them by My Father in heaven. For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them." (Matthew 18:19-20-NKJV)

Some answers are just so big, so blessed...so mind-blowing, that they need a bit more time that others. A lot of us have seen the divorce stats and we have family members and friends who are basically miserable in their marriages. Allow God the time to continue to fashion your heart (and "his" heart) individually (Psalm 33:15) so that your Father can grant you a *customized covenant*. Remember, God can do exceeding above all that we ask or think through the *power* in us to believe that he can...and then to obey his directives as he guides us closer (Ephesians 3:20, Psalm 37:23).

I so adore the lead verse for this message.

Sometimes, it's when we feel the loneliest and the most broken that our prayers are the most beautiful to God because they convey *humility*: a lack of pride, a meekness and awareness that our help comes from God and God alone. And "On Fire" women, it is during those times that you have to hold Psalm 121 close to you; you have to remember that "He will not allow your foot to be moved; He who keeps you will not slumber." (verse 3)

If your heart's desire has been a covenant partner, God hears the prayers of the humble and not only that, but he prepares their heart...to receive his absolute best.

"Whatever is good and perfect comes down to us from God our Father, who created all the lights in the heavens. He never changes or casts a shifting shadow."---James 1:17(NKJV) 

"The eyes of all look to you in hope; you give them their food as they need it. When you open your hand, you satisfy the hunger and thirst of every living thing. The Lord is righteous in everything he does; he is filled with kindness."---Psalm 145:15-17(NLT)

"You will show me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore."---Psalm 16:11(NKJV)

BIG LOVE to you,

SRW

1 comment: