Tuesday, March 19, 2013

"On Fire": "Let Me Hear Your Voice." (SOS 8:13)

http://www.adorabletab.com/gallery/quotes/adorable-i-love-hearing-your-voice-quotes-lovely-cups-couple-heart.jpg


"You who live in the gardens, my friends are listening for your voice; let me hear it."---Song of Solomon 8:13(NCV)


I just love the Most High (Genesis 14:19)...

Only he knew that this "Song of Solomon" series would end (or at least pause for a while-LOL) on today. TODAY. In America, a day that marks the last day of winter in preparation for tomorrow---the first day of spring.

One definition of spring is "to come into being by growth, as from a seed or germ, bulb, root, etc.; grow, as plants" and that would definitely speak to the springtime season. Oh, but there are other definitions that I am led (Luke 12:12) to share as well. Spring is also defined as "to move or cause to move suddenly upwards or forwards in a single motion "; "to release or be released from a forced position by elastic force" (some of y'all need to take that metaphorically); "to leap or jump over"; "to happen or cause to happen unexpectedly"; "to develop or originate"; "to be descended"; "to come into being or appear suddenly" and "to start or rise suddenly from cover".

Yes, when it comes to physical time and the atmosphere around us, we are approaching spring; months within the year that things will come into being by growth. Oh, but in the spirit realm, a different kind of "spring" will manifest itself for so many women. They will suddenly *move forward* (so many people are stagnant right now). They will *be released from their position*. They will *jump over* certain obstacles (for some, that obstacle will be their own pride and ego). They will notice that some things will *happen unexpectedly*. They will *develop* and *originate* some new ideas (at the cost of *totally relinquishing some of the old ones*-Isaiah 43:19). They will be *descended* (one definition of that word is "to go from generals to particulars"). They will have some things (and people) *come into being* and/or *appear suddenly*. They will *start to rise SUDDENLY from cover*.

And what I adore, what excites me about all of that, is that it connects so well with the last thing that the Shulamite woman's beloved said to her in the Book of the Song of Solomon. He told her that although she lived in the gardens, although she was in "a fertile or delightful spot or region", although some of his friends could hear her voice, he wanted to hear it for himself.

And here's the thing about that. Synonyms for voice aren't just "cry" or "call" or "tongue" or "speech". Other synonyms include "reveal" and "disclose".

For the past several weeks, I have had an urgency in me to get a lot of loose ends tied up as it relates to things that I have promised some of you who have followed this blog and sent in your testimonies and prayer requests (as it relates to my giveaways). I can't explain it, but I am aware that some of you are about to "suddenly shift" into your own springtime and with that, some will hear their own beloved say "Reveal yourself to me", "Disclose who you really are"..."Let me hear your voice." Some men's hearts are awakening (Genesis 2:18-25) and when it comes to their desire for their own beloved, they are voice-activated for only one woman. They simply can't hear anyone else (or anyone else anymore).

Yet, it's not going to be a *physical voice* that resonates. It will be a "still small voice" that is defined as being their *conscience* that will see love, see relationships and see *the purpose of covenant* in a totally different light (Psalm 18:28).

I just read a quote this morning by Rumi that said "Raise your words not your voice. It is rain that grows flowers not thunder." There are so many women who don't know how to let their voice be *properly* heard. They're a "clanging cymbal" (I Corinthians 13:1). They're demanding. They're a nag. That is not the kind of voice that the Shulamite's beloved was asking to hear and now that I've read some of the other definitions of "voice", I get even more why Max Lucado once said that a woman should be so close to God that a man, *her man*, has to go to God in order to "find" her.

A lot of women spend time worrying (or is it panicking?-Matthew 6:25-34) about "not having a man" (Philippians 4:6-7) and that causes their voice to not be properly heard. It's the prayers of a righteous person that has power (James 5:16). If you want a godly man to hear you, you need to pray for him. The Holy Spirit knows how to make your prayers presentable to the Most High (Romans 8:26-27) and the Most High knows how to "translate" them into a "language" that *your husband* (not "a man" but YOUR HUSBAND) can understand. God nor a man wants to hear a woman complaining (Philippians 2:14), oh but when a woman prays for her beloved, when she is strong enough in her spiritual growth to know that spirits connect way before bodies do (I Corinthians 6:16-20-Message), that moves a man...*the right man* to be alert when she is brought to him. When she is presented (Genesis 2:23).

Just this morning, I read an article entitled "18 Things Every Christian Woman Should Know About Christian Men" and there are some really good points on the list. So much, in fact, that I will share them following this message. For now, the two that caught my attention are "A positive and happy woman will always be more attractive than a negative and angry one" and "Selfishness is really unattractive". There are very few women who tell me that they want to get married for the real reason why a man needs a wife and that is to help and serve him (Genesis 2:18). These women's statements are almost always filled with "I want" and "I feel" and "I am" statements. The New Century Version of I Corinthians 13:5 tells us that "Love is not selfish." This means that love---real, godly and lasting love---is not "devoted to or caring only for oneself; concerned primarily with one's own interests, benefits, welfare, etc., regardless of others". That said, how can you, right now, as the woman that you are, *benefit* your husband rather than thinking of all of the things that you want him to do *for you*?

Honestly, there are a lot of us who should be grateful that God's timing is *his business* (Acts 1:7-Message) and not ours because the fact that we are so self-consumed with what we want, the fact that we do whine and complain so much, that is a clear indication that we're not ready for our voices to be heard by our husbands. Again, if we were, we'd be doing more praying...more than anything. Just because we are not yet joined to our covenant partner (yet-Ecclesiastes 3:11), that doesn't mean that he doesn't need our help and going to the Father on his behalf  (I John 5:14-15) is the best way that we can help him right now. Period.

So, now that we see even more what covenant love is supposed to look like, now that we are entering into a new season, when it comes to being brought closer to your beloved, "Let him hear your voice" through your prayers for his mind, his body and his spirit.

Then watch what happens...

After all, it's a time for renewal.

A time for spring.

A time to plant new seeds of love.

tmm,

SRW

1 comment:

  1. MA'AM!!! This is so on time for ME!!!!! I have tears in my eyes! I've been praying and writing to my husband for weeks. It seemed like opposition was so tough against me. But I just have this FAITH that won't let me stop for less than the best. I've never been so ON POINT about guarding my celibacy, believing in miracles, and understanding my growing faith. I'm expecting the ULTIMATE.

    ReplyDelete