Thursday, March 28, 2013

"On Fire": QUOTE OF THE DAY

http://24.media.tumblr.com/e2f26e83efbe3bf84dc6406634bfce5e/tumblr_mf33lfc1yn1qf93kro1_500.jpg 
 
So...

I was reading an article this evening and I really dug one of the points in it because I think most of us have been in a relationship (or is it situation?) where we really were healthier before being in it and yet... (sigh) we remain. More and more I see why "Thou shalt have no other gods before me" (Exodus 20:3-KJV) is the First Commandment:

"Second, marry someone who brings out the best in you. Lots of people marry someone because they are in awe of them. It’s almost a case of idol worship. Marriage should not be about one person completely serving the other at the expense of him or herself; it should be about you both becoming who you were meant to be. Don’t fall into this trap of putting your beloved up on a pedestal and marrying because 'I’m just so amazed that someone so wonderful could be interested in little ‘ole me!'. That’s not a recipe for a good marriage. That’s a recipe for a lonely marriage."

tmm,

SRW

           

No comments:

Post a Comment