Wednesday, May 8, 2013

"On Fire": THIS Is One of the Reasons Why We Are to Wait on the Lord

http://ramlijohn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/iStock_000014132774XSmall.jpg 


OK...

So, I must admit that I didn't check out Soul Surfer (you know, the biopic about the girl who lost her, I believe it was left arm, in a shark attack) until, shoot, I think it was last year when I was babysitting a niece of mine who really likes the movie. I must say, I did enjoy it and I *definitely* admired Bethany's courage...and on many levels, conviction.

I guess that's why tonight, when I caught a news story about her getting engaged, I was so happy for her. Honestly, I see so many people do marriage every which way BUT right that I truly look forward to the times when I hear about an engagement and feel a sense of "Ah. That's nice."

So, I went on her website to read what her man Adam (YES, ADAM-LOL) wrote about how it all went down. If you want to read it in its entirety, you can do so here. For now, I'm just going to reference excerpts:

A relationship with God?

"Our relationship has been an amazing and blessed adventure. Most importantly my relationship with God has been the most incredible part of my life. If it wasn’t for God, Bethany and I would have never met." 

Check.

A sense of purpose and a desire to serve others?

"Two years ago I was graduating from college with the calling on my heart to help my friend start Young Life, a youth ministry, on the island of Kauai."

Check.

A profound understanding of how God speaks and moves in one's life?

"My year commitment to volunteer with YoungLife was coming to an end. However, I had heard God urging me to stay and continue reaching out to the youth. So I committed to stay another year. When we have the right relationship with God, life is full of spontaneous, joyful, occurrences."

Check.

A strong sense of discernment, a good judgment of character and a desire to look beyond the surface?

"Bethany and I met through mutual friends. Right away I could tell she was pretty cool (I mean she jumped a 40 foot cliff into the ocean with me!), she’s down to earth, and I could tell she understood my heart for The Lord and others; and I saw her heart as well. After hanging out several more times, I felt in my heart that I would like to pursue a relationship with her. On the beautiful Na Pali coast I told Bethany what was on my heart and asked if it was ok to pursue a meaningful closer friendship with her. On accident she said 'I do!' Haha with a quick, 'I mean yes!'"

Check. (I dig her "premonition" with the "I do" too!)

A longing for a partner who makes God as much of a top priority?

"We continued to have fun experiences together and every time we hung together with friends, every hike, every little adventure; I could tell we were being drawn closer together. I find so much joy in who Bethany is, a woman who genuinely seeks after God, kind, funny, adventurous, and joyful. " 

Check.

Truly understanding the POINT AND PURPOSE of love?

"Bethany and I were falling in love. Love is something I have learned to not take lightly. I have seen what true unconditional love is through God’s mercy and grace in my life. To tell someone that you love them is expressing something that only God can give."

Checkmate.

"Every time she says, 'I love you,' I can’t help but smile and skip a few heart beats. To feel the love of someone who genuinely loves me for who I am and am becoming, is indescribable (maybe I could if I were a poet). I know her love for me comes from Christ, and I am very thankful."

And checkmate again.

Here's the PSA for this week: PLEASE don't be so fearful, desperate and complacent that you are willing to settle for less than a man of God just so that you can "have a man". It can't be expressed enough, the fact that marriages are to be a *divine human representation* of how covenant is to appear on this earth. In other words, as the Father, Son and Spirit agree as one (I John 5:8), the *only relationship* that *even comes close* to referencing/resembling that is a husband and wife when Genesis 2:24(NKJV) says "Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh" and Mark 10:7-9(NKJV) states "‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, 8 and the two shall become one flesh’; so then they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate.” 

Indeed, in order to act like *the Covenant* you have to have a relationship with the Father of Covenant. Otherwise, marriage is a contradiction. It may *appear* one way but it's operating totally outside of purpose. And we attempt to make mockery of God when we operate out of purpose. And that's never a good thing (Galatians 6:7-9).

Yeah. Adam made my heart smile.


He loves God.

He loves Bethany (even with what some would perceive to be a "flaw").

And he sees *purpose* in doing both.

That's the kind of man a *true woman of God* waits on the Lord to bring her to (Genesis 2:22).

Love is patient. (I Corinthians 13:4)

WAIT. ON. HIM.

"And now, Lord, what do I wait for? My hope is in You."---Psalm 39:7(NKJV)

tmm,

SRW


No comments:

Post a Comment