Friday, July 26, 2013
An Ounce of Prevention: "30 Signs That Somebody Isn’t Interested Or Is Half-Heartedly Interested In You"
Y'all know I dig the "Baggage Reclaim" chick. Here's another winner from her site entitled: "30 Signs That Somebody Isn’t Interested Or Is Half-Heartedly Interested In You": Now y'all know that the sex stuff (not having it) is a given and honestly when someone is divorced, you need to take that to God to (considering what I Corinthians 7:10-11 says) but all of that considered, this is pretty really insightful info right here:
1. They’re not contacting you or are sporadically contacting you.
2. They may not even bother speaking with you and rely predominantly on emails, text messages, and instant messenger.
3. They treat you like an option.
4. They don’t want to put both of their feet in and commit. They’d like you to ‘go with the flow’ even if there is none and not expect beyond that.
5. The relationship doesn’t progress – it goes in fits and starts, stalls, or goes into reverse.
6. They’re keeping you a secret.
7. They tend to be around/call you up when they want something (read: they’re a user). It might be money, attention, an ego stroke, sex, an armchair psychologist, but if you think back to all the times when you’ve heard from them, you may notice that it was a preamble to something.
8. They leave it to the last minute/short notice to make plans. They may not even bother to make last minute plans – they might just show up late at night expecting you to be around.
9. They create drama in the hope that you’ll take the hint that they’re not interested and end it so that they can be let off the hook
10. When you’re broken up with them, they get in touch, often in a lazy manner just to ensure that you still jump to their beat. In fact, take the fact that you’re not in a relationship with them as a major sign of disinterest. Don’t make the mistake of thinking they got in touch because they want to get back together.
11. They’ll make a lot of noise when you attempt to move on with someone else and then when you ‘reciprocate’ they’re nowhere to be seen.
12. They send text messages, emails, or leave voice mails and when you no doubt eagerly respond, they either take ages to or don’t bother at all.
13. They don’t break up with their wife/girlfriend. But they still expect to be with you.
14. They don’t get that divorce finalized. In fact, they may even pretend they’ve started proceedings!
15. They keep blaming timing, the No. 5 bus, work, their ex, their commitment issues, or whatever the excuse de jour is for why they can’t be or do something. In fact, they keep making excuses.
16. They’re sporadic in their efforts and you can often pin bursts of efforts to when you either told them to beat it or they felt in danger of losing you.
17. They keep changing their mind about their interest in you. Flip-flapper alert!
18. They talk incessantly about themselves while not really taking an interest in you. OR…they deflect conversations away from details about themselves and try to focus on you.
19. They tell you that they love you but they’re not in love with you, that they’re not ready for a relationship, they’re not the right person for you, that they’re a ‘bad person’, ‘out of your league’, that you’re ‘too good for them’ and other such things that basically say I have limited interest in you.
20. They sleep with other people while sleeping with you.
21. They only have a sexual interest in you.
22. It takes them weeks or even months to call you up after a date or taking your number.
23. You’re hanging out like friends. You may even be friends with benefits.
24. They disappear for periods of time.
25. They’re more interested in having things their way, on their terms, being right, and having the power.
26. They treat you without love, care, trust, and respect. Even if you don’t love one another yet, it shouldn’t stop them from being a respectful person with integrity that cares about their actions and those around them.
27. They treat everyone from the old lady down the street, to the postman, the dog and whoever else has no romantic expectations of them with decency, but when it comes to you, they behave like an clown.
28. They’re either Future Avoiders being afraid to talk about the future or make plans or they’re Future Fakers, faking a future so they can get what they want in the present because they know they won’t be around in the future, because they’re not genuinely interested.
29. They are controlling, manipulative, jealous and possessive. These are not signs that they’re actually interested in you – they are signs that they want to control you. This is not the same as love or as a result of love. People who are like this are the type that won’t want to have a balanced, respectful relationship and may not even really want you but they won’t want anyone else to have you either.
30. They’re so ‘busy’ they have no time for the relationship. Nobody is that busy and when someone is genuinely interested they find the time.
Good stuff to keep in mind.