Sunday, July 28, 2013

An Ounce of Prevention: "What "Til Death Do Us Part' Looks (and Acts) Like"

http://cdn1.bigcommerce.com/server4800/10d13/products/1197/images/4597/Quote_26e_01__40124.1347035724.1000.1000.jpg 

So...

As I was reading an email from someone just now, she shared a video with me. I'm not familiar with this couple yet from what CM said, he was performing artist, he was only 33 (33 is a significant number, wouldn't you say?) and he transitioned from cancer. Last night.

As life would have it, I received the email while penning a piece for a publication on how to create your wedding vows (there really are *no accidents* with God-Proverbs 16:33-AMP) and on the heels of someone else asking me my thoughts on soul mates (for the record, yes, I do believe they exist but you have to be *a really strong spiritual person* to take that kind of responsibility on. Just as David's soul mate Jonathan did-I Samuel 18).

God is definitely trying to make a point here. I'll allow the video to minister for itself but I will say this: If you're not willing to say "Until death parts us" AND MEAN IT to another individual, please wait. Vows to God are serious (Ecclesiastes 5:1-7) and there is a reason why an Ezer Kenegdo translates into "lifesaver" and Ephesians 5 speaks of a man being willing to lay down his life for his beloved. When Will's wife said "I think we had a good and healthy marriage before this but it definitely deepened" as a result of his illness...that'll preach. A lot.

A deep marriage is not for the spiritually immature .

Then again, marital covenant in general isn't.


Not by a long shot.



tmm, SRW

1 comment:

  1. I just read this story tonight. Seems like this entry is the running theme for this week: "My mom often said she didn't want to see my father die, and he didn't want to live without her."

    http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20721146,00.html

    ReplyDelete