Tuesday, December 17, 2013

"On Fire": REMINDER OF THE DAY: 'Trust the Process'

http://ct.shadowtext.net/il/st/se/i54/2/4/3/shadowtextphpechoQuotesAndSayings_eff0c8893b23f7f972af97862e12da23.jpg

Yep...

I reference the Amplified Version of Proverbs 16:33 often because I believe it. Yes, I believe that even what seem like accidents are actually of the Lord.

That said...

As I was preparing to shut this thing down for the night, I "happened upon" a story on People's website. The title was "Boston Marathon Bombing Victim Proposes to Nurse He Met While in Treatment". Here are some excerpts:

There's a light at the end of the tunnel for Boston Marathon bombing victim James Costello. 

Eight months after the horrific tragedy, Costello, who suffered severe burns on his right arm and leg, is engaged to a nurse he met while in treatment at Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital.

"April 15 was one of the worst days of my life. I soon wondered why and for what reason this has happened," Costello wrote in a Facebook post. Costello had been waiting at the finish line when the bomb went off, leaving him in need of multiple surgeries. For two weeks, he stayed at Massachusetts General Hospital before transferring to Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital, where he met nurse Krista D'Agostino.

"After sharing a handful of conversations I realized not only how beautiful she was, but also what a kind heart she had," he wrote. "I somehow convinced her to attend a benefit with me, which turned into a few dates, which turned into a few inseparable months."  


...

"I'm happy to announce that we will spend the rest of our lives together. I now realize why I was involved in the tragedy. It was to meet my best friend, and the love of my life," he wrote. 

Talk about all things working together for the good (Romans 8:28)! And so, let this be a reminder that sometimes even the things that don't make sense indeed serve a greater purpose: the waiting, the wondering, the heartache, the loneliness, the longing---*all of it*. I'm pretty sure that James had moments in the hospital/rehab when he was wondering "God, why is this happening to me?" and yet things were happening behind the scenes.

I was just telling a spiritual brother of mine today that we have to learn to let God surprise us more.

And in the meantime, we have to learn to trust the process.

TRUST. THE. PROCESS.

tmm,

SRW

No comments:

Post a Comment