Tuesday, December 31, 2013

"On Fire": Yep. This Entire Website Is ONE BIG 'EVE'!


http://www.atlantahappening.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/New-Years-Eve-2014-Atlanta-Events.jpg

"I've had some lovely extraordinary experiences on New Year's Eve."---Debbie Harry


Some of y'all know...

That the New Year I observe is Rosh Hashanah. There are actually biblical reasons for that. And so for me, a quarter of the year is already gone.

But for those who do observe tomorrow as being the New Year, being that today is considered to be New Year's Eve, I wanted to share a brief word of encouragement with you.

Back in my "on Facebook days", I wrote a piece that said "When it comes to being joined to my husband, it feels like it's the eve before Christmas Eve". You know, not quite there but much closer than ever. Shoot, I'll tell you what. Everything about the Word has more literal meaning than a lot of tend to give it credit for. Indeed, with God a day *is* like a thousand years (LOL-2 Peter 3:8). Timing really *is* the Father's business (Acts 1:7-Message). And he does make everything beautiful in *its* not *our* time (Ecclesiastes 3:11).

Anyway, when the Holy Spirit brought that back to my remembrance last night, I couldn't help but think about the word "eve". Usually we don't tend to give it too much thought unless we're talking about the mother of all living (Eve-Genesis 3:20) or Christmas Eve...or today: New Year's Eve.

Yet aside from it meaning the evening or day before an event, I smiled when I saw another definition of the word: "the period preceding or leading up to any event, crisis, etc."

And here's one definition of period: "a rather large interval of time that is meaningful in the life of a person, in history, etc., because of its particular characteristics".

A couple of nights ago, I was talking to one of my closest girlfriends about how it amazes me that while "On Fire" started out as a 40-day fast in general, it is now a four-years-old blog. In response she said, "I know. Your blog is what got me married." (She and I actually connected because I felt led to send her posts from time to time on FB. I ended up doing her marriage counseling and I was the doula of her firstborn. You never know how God will..."connect your dots". *Stay open*.)

Now could a sistah get bitter and instead of being like "Thank you God for entrusting me with this platform" be like "So you really do mean it when you say the first shall be last, huh?" (Matthew 19:30) Of course, I could. If I chose to not use spiritual discernment (I Corinthians 2:6-16) in my approach to being single (whole-James 1:4) while many people who have followed this blog are now married.

However, just like Adam and Eve and Moses and Zipporah and Boaz and Ruth and Hosea and Gomer and Mary and Joseph (etc., etc.) each had their own *individual marriage* that consisted of *individual needs*, I know what God and I have discussed. I could've been married...a few times now. I don't want to "be married". I want to be *in covenant*. And it really is an honor to help other people (better) understand what that means as they are joined to their covenant partner.

And honestly that's what this blog is all about...

Helping to preparing women for marital covenant.

I mean, just think about how many blogs are out in cyberspace. And I purposefully do not put this one out in social media because I don't feel led to "market it". If a woman is supposed to "happen upon it" (Proverbs 16:33-AMP) then it will be due to something that is a bit more...organic. Someone forwarding it to her. Looking in a search engine. Reading about it in a devotional. *Something* that will confirm to her that *this is the interval of time*, her "eve", that she needs it in her life. Not because it's popular. Simply because, for her, it's...right.

So yes, if you were led to this blog, it has come into your space...because it's right for you.

If you were led to this blog, this is your own customized "eve" of marital information and preparation!

For some of you, that will mean meeting "him" (prayerfully being *brought to him*-Genesis 2:22) in 2014. For some of you, longer. But one thing that all of you can confidently know and *rest in* is that this is your "eve". If you are connected to this website, it is the eve of your discovery about what it means to be married, not man's way, but God's way. And that's something to be excited about!

So the next time Satan's all up in your ear (or uses someone else to be all up in your ear-LOL) talking about you've been single forever (forever is a really long time. Off top, that's a lie) or asking you when are you *finally* going to get into a relationship, shut 'em down and simply say: "I'm at the eve of all of that. I'll let you know."

And then come to the "On Fire" blog for some reassurance of that very fact.

It is a "characteristic" in this large interval of time in your life that is serving a great purpose.

And on the eve of a new calendar year, that's truly something to celebrate!

Luxuriant,

SRW

No comments:

Post a Comment