Thursday, March 27, 2014

"On Fire": ARE YOU STAYING OPEN?

http://webtoolfeed.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/f67e4e8de9948fb5fa04f5117330bff01.jpg

"Open up before God, keep nothing back; he’ll do whatever needs to be done: He’ll validate your life in the clear light of day and stamp you with approval at high noon."---Psalm 37:5-6(Message)

Recently...

I ran into someone who said that she used to follow the blog. She told me how much she enjoyed it back in the day. In response, I simply said "Get back on there, girl so that we can get your married."

Her response was classic: "I'm going to let God do that for me."

My response was casual: "God may be using the blog."

She shook her head in let's say, "hesitant disagreement": "I'm not interested in people trying to put me with someone. I'm gonna let God do it." She admitted that she had a wall up and honestly, God didn't lead me to try and climb it but what she said does serve as inspiration for this message today.

For Isaac to be joined to Rebekah, a servant was used. (Isaac was 40 at the time, by the way.-Genesis 24 & 25:20)

For Boaz to be joined to Ruth, Naomi was used. (The Book of Ruth)

For King Xerses to be joined to Esther, Mordecai was used. (The Book of Esther)

These are just a few examples that come to mind. So what's my point?

One of the biggest challenges that we have as being children of the Most High (Psalm 82:6) is making sure that we *reflect God* rather than deciding to *be God*. By that I mean that Isaiah 55:8-11 clearly tells us that God's ways are not our own. Therefore, it's never in our best interest to determine how God will be God in our lives. Or when he will choose to do it. Or what method he will use to do it.

Yes, one of the biggest hindrances in our lives is not being OPEN.

Open: not closed or barred at the time, as a doorway by a door, a window by a sash, or a gateway by a gate; (of a door, gate, window sash, or the like) set so as to permit passage through the opening it can be used to close; having no means of closing or barring;
having the interior immediately accessible, as a box with the lid raised or a drawer that is pulled out; relatively free of obstructions to sight, movement, or internal arrangement

I remember watching an episode of Sex & the City back in the day and following Charlotte's divorce, she was at a seminar and she shared that she was afraid (one of the main reasons why people stay closed off, by the way-2 Timothy 1:7) that her failed marriage had taken away her openness to love; her ability to do it. I've been there before and I'll say this about it: Being that God is love (I John 4:8&16) and marriage is a manifestation of God's love (Genesis 2:18-25, Matthew 19:1-12), I see how the thief comes in to steal, kill and destroy (John 10:10) when it comes to embracing all of the possibilities that love has to offer.

Sometimes it's through low self-esteem. (Psalm 139:14)

Sometimes it's through heartbreak. (Psalm 147:3)

Sometimes it's through fear. (I John 4:18)

Sometimes it's through pride. (Proverbs 16:18)

And yes, sometimes it's simply through not being open...

Open-minded and open-hearted.

So, am I saying that you shouldn't guard your heart (Proverbs 4:23)? *Of course you should*. It's Scriptural after all. Yet what we are to guard it from are the avenues that will not add to the quality of our lives. So, if you are using "guarding your heart" as your reason for being closed-off, my recommendation would be to test your motive (Proverbs 21:2&8-Message). If it's based on any of the reasons just provided, that's probably not *guarding*. More than likely, it is *running* and to that, the Word simply says "Be still and know that I am God." (Psalm 46:10)

I have been saying, pretty much all of this year, that I discern and believe that some really BIG THINGS are going to happen to some of you. Yes, *as it specifically relates to the purpose of this blog* and as the picture quote says, if you want a man who is open to love, you are going to have to "step out on faith" (Hebrews 11) and be open as well. Even if preparation comes through some atypical means.

Love is too great...

Too big...

And too necessary...to be closed off to it.

God is a gentleman. He forces himself upon no one.

Therefore, don't tell him how he should move.

STAY OPEN. After all...

http://simplelifestrategies.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/open-mind1.png


Luxuriant,

SRW

No comments:

Post a Comment