Tuesday, May 20, 2014

"On Fire": (VIDEO) YEP. THIS IS MARRIAGE.

http://afirstclasswedding.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Screen-shot-2013-06-18-at-2.28.37-PM.png



Something that I have said...

Many times is that while personal vows in a wedding are nice, oftentimes they are not *vows*, they are *sentiments*. In order to understand the *true solemnity* of marital covenant, traditional vows are still quite relevant. It helps to put marriage in "love, power and sober-minded" perspective:

"I take you to be my lawfully wedded husband, my constant friend, my faithful partner and my love from this day forward. In the presence of God, our family and friends, I offer you my solemn vow to be your faithful partner in sickness and in health, in good times and in bad, and in joy as well as in sorrow. I promise to love you unconditionally, to support you in your goals, to honor and respect you, to laugh with you and cry with you, and to cherish you for as long as we both shall live."

That said...

In walks---and for some of us, in walks *again*---Ian and Larissa (thanks for sending the update video, Nicole). Some of you may have caught their original video. This is an update.

I'm going to let the video speak for itself (talk about the Amplified Version of I Timothy 4:14-16-AMP in action); however, I will intro it with something that the officiant said during their wedding ceremony: "Marriage is mainly about displaying the covenant-keeping love between Christ and his Church." And you can review Christ's journey with the Church, especially while he was here on this earth, and realize that it was no cakewalk.

Love is not some chick flick. Love is a miraculous tool used to save and heal and transform---and that is not always easy but it is *so worth it*. Whether it's on this side of heaven or once we arrive. (Some of y'all will catch that later!)

This is one very clear example of what *true godly love* can/will/should do:




"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails."---I Corinthians 13:4-8(NIV)


Pass it along.

Luxuriant,

SRW

No comments:

Post a Comment