Saturday, June 28, 2014

An Ounce of Prevention: (VIDEO) IF A MALE BIRD KNOWS TO PREPARE A HOME...WELL...

http://quotegeek.com/quote-images/quote-9400.jpg

I have never *ever* liked it when...

A man moves into a woman's home.

I don't just mean shacking. I mean when a couple is engaged and it has been decided that after wedding/marriage vows have been taken, the man will move into the woman's house. In fact, I find it to be so disturbing that I once lost a dear friendship by speaking up against it. Being that a part of a man's role is to be a provider, it sends a very conflicting message for the woman to provide the dwelling place. The abiding place. The physical covering.

So, what if you are currently a homeowner? I mean, that means you have real estate, right? Sell it. Rent it out. Bless a family in need by allowing them to stay there. But to move your husband into it? Yeah...talk about a *really slippery slope* when it comes to learning how to respect him. As a man. As a husband. As the provider.

That said...

I was recently watching an episode of Iyanla Vanzant's Fix My Life. As she was talking to a daughter's boyfriend who lives with her in her mother's house (whew!), Iyanla brought out a bird's nest.

Hmph. It's amazing what nature does so well than humans seem to "miss the memo" on.

As she was talking about the fact that there are species of birds where *the male builds the nest*, I did some research and "happened upon" (Proverbs 16:33-AMP) the straight up testimony of the male bowerbird:

"To attract a partner, the male bowerbird builds and decorates an elaborate nest, which can take weeks to assemble. The bower -- a structure woven around a sapling that looks almost like a wooden tent -- is carpeted with moss and decorated with flowers, colorful insects, fungi or even dung, depending on each bird's design sensibilities."

That intrigued me enough to go look for a video on dude (LOL). Boy...sometimes it really does sadden me what we as women will settle for that female *birds* (BIRDS) will not:



I mean...

DO YOU SEE ALL OF THAT TIME, EFFORT AND ENERGY THAT THE MALE BOWERBIRDS PUT INTO ATTRACTING A MATE? 

I have said on many occasions that since Ephesians 5:25-33 tells a man to love his wife as Christ has loved the Church, and since Christ said upon leaving this earth that he was *going to prepare a place for us* so that where he goes, we can go also, why should we expect any less from our husbands (John 14:2-3)?

I promise you, that video is definitely worth (almost) six minutes of your time.

It's also worth a couple of more minutes to pass it along.

To some single women *and men* that you know.

Luxuriant,

SRW

No comments:

Post a Comment