Saturday, June 21, 2014

"On Fire": Are You Looking with EYES or with VISION?

http://www.quotesvalley.com/images/44/handsome-is-as-handsome-does3.png

Lord knows. LORD KNOWS...

I wanted to let this (cough, cough) "news story" pass. You know the one. The one about this guy:



Yes, yes. The blue-eyed Mr. Jeremy Meeks who currently has close to 88,000 "likes" regarding his Facebook mug shot.

Now before I begin, this is just one more example of how profound the quote "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" is because while he is an attractive man, I peeped some of the other *criminals* that he was involved with and from a physical standpoint, someone else visually caught my attention:



Admittedly, I once had to go into "thug rehab" (LOL). And yes, I personally tend to like men with a bit more of an edge than Mr. Meeks. Again, physically.

OK, but let me stick to the point...

I'm not on Facebook and so I'm pretty sure a lot of y'all were reading the comments on Mr. Meeks and his mug shot (I repeat: MUG SHOT) way before I did. Here are some of them, though:

Carey Berry: Yes, he's a criminal. There is nothing wrong with LUSTING for a sexy man. Hell, half you men are JEALOUS and the women who have a problem with this need to worry about your OWN man or maybe that's the problem, YOU DON'T HAVE ONE!

սհրէնիկ սհահ: God bless America.

Yas LadyBird: rape me!!!

Katherine Monet: I would buy anything he is selling. He says he is no longer in a gang - enough for me. Gosh he is so edible! Hmmmmmmmm......delicious looking! Can we post his bail?

Victoria Costa: i would not mind uf he would kidnap me or something

Gabrielle Soffner: arrest me now. whhaaaa

Deb Collett: That's a Hottie for sure. Doesn't look no criminal to me!! Fine lookin strong sexy man to!!! The eyes melt a girl!!

Share Rashchupkina: He's hot. I always lust the thugs & killers myself, can't help what turns us on. Bad boys make my hips burn.

Elita Ali: Wow! I must admit, it's hard to look away from him. Omg! Beautiful!!

Veronica Valeria Lencina: Es perfecto!!! 

OK, did a chick really put "rape me" into the atmosphere? Pray for her right now.

Also...

I must admit that I did find it to be a bit humorous that a lot of *men* were the "voice of reason" and honestly, I think a lot of them might have been a bit...on the green side. Nonetheless, this fella brings up some really good points:

Mike Rawlings: You can't really stop the instant thing of finding someone physically attractive, but that is then overtaken by the other things about the person that could end up making you find them physically repulsive, so I don't judge on you at first thinking he's attractive. I do judge though that you still do even though you know what type of person he is and have no shame proven by willingness to comment compliments on here for all to see and effectively congratulating someone who only deserves beration. In fact you've all come here because you know its a picture of a criminal, so the instant attraction I spoke of earlier is actually voided here...so I take it back, I do judge you.

Finally; when would you girls (and some guys) stop commenting shamelessly about how you, for whatever reason, find him attractive? When it says "arrested for rape" or maybe "known paedophile"? You need to reassess yourselves, the values you hold and where you place your adoration. If I was a religious man I'd sum it up with the popular phrase "Y'all need Jesus'.


IF he were a religious man? (LOL) And while you might think that this message is about how shallow and superficial a lot of the comments were, I'm actually going to come from a bit of a different angle.

While again, I can see what the women are seeing about Mr. Meeks and because I know that every story has layers I really do hope that he gets his life together, as I was "taking in the hype", there were two things that I thought about.  One was a Scripture and another is a woman that I know.

Here's the Scripture:

"Moreover the word of the Lord came to me, saying, 'Son of man, take up a lamentation for the king of Tyre, and say to him, "Thus says the Lord God":
 

'You were the seal of perfection,
Full of wisdom and perfect in beauty.

You were in Eden, the garden of God;
Every precious stone was your covering:
The sardius, topaz, and diamond,
Beryl, onyx, and jasper,
Sapphire, turquoise, and emerald with gold.
The workmanship of your timbrels and pipes
Was prepared for you on the day you were created.'"---Ezekiel 28:11-13(NKJV)


This is referencing Lucifer and being that it talks about him being in the Garden of Eden, obviously after his "fall from grace" (heaven). Do you know anyone who is "perfect in beauty"? Yeah, me neither. I do know some fine men, though and so...I can only imagine.

And that's one point that I want to make. Something that is perfect in beauty can still be toxic, dangerous and downright evil. Not the gift does the wrapping make. So, if you're holding out for a good-looking man and you don't have a lot more on your list than that, please expand it. Reportedly, Mr. Meeks is married. We should ask his wife what she thinks about him. And his hype. (Update: Reportedly, she's *not* a happy camper: click here.)

Second point. I remember talking to a woman, well into her 40s now (and still single) about why she would have a pattern of turning down kind men while apparently gravitating to the ones she thought were "hot". She used to tell me "I can't be with someone who I'm not physically attracted to." I get that (trust me, I do!) but the ones that she seemed to think were 1) jerks and 2) total commitment-phobes. And here's the real clincher: For every kind, responsible, funny, professionally, relationship-with-God man that she shut down (catch it) *they are now married*. She's *still* single.

Looking with your eyes isn't going to get you the to the right man.

*Having a vision is*. And having a vision for your life means going to God about who will spiritually lead, who will physically protect, who will emotionally nurture---who will go beyond the "surface of the physical" and into the depths of your soul.

I used to have such low self-esteem that I needed a fine man to validate my worth. 

Some of them broke my heart, damaged my spirit and about took my uterus out.

Marriage and shoot, even sex, is far more about a spiritual connection than a physical one.

God knows you need to be attracted to your husband.

He also knows you need to be properly cared for.

Don't sacrifice the latter for the former.

A fine man ain't everything...

Even Mr. Meeks said it. From behind some bulletproof glass. And (presumably) he is one.

Yep, oftentimes good-looking men will even warn you about being with them.

Please take heed.


Luxuriant,

SRW

No comments:

Post a Comment