Sunday, August 10, 2014

An Ounce of Prevention: 'HONOR YOUR VOWS'

http://meetville.com/images/quotes/Quotation-Rob-Liano-commitment-maturity-responsibility-pretty-wedding-inspiration-Meetville-Quotes-32002.jpg

A lot of us have seen the movie The Vow...

As I was doing some writing just now, I saw the couple that the was based upon on Oprah's Where Are They Now? and something that they said I felt needed to be posted on here.

I've said before that if Adam and Eve, *two people who brought sin into the world*, can stay married, *anyone can*. And to add to that, if a woman who doesn't even remember saying her vows can keep hers, just by remembering the God that she serves and what she promised him, we have no excuse to not do the same.

Staying married isn't about feelings.

Staying married is about spiritual maturity (Matthew 19:11-12-Message), keeping your word to God and to your spouse (Ecclesiastes 5:1-7) and trusting God (2 Samuel 22). No matter what.

Hats of to Krickitt and Kim Carpenter for reminding us of what I heard a husband (who knowingly married a woman with AIDS) once say: "I'm married to the promise, not just you."



Luxuriant,

SRW

No comments:

Post a Comment