Monday, December 15, 2014

An Ounce of Prevention: (VIDEO) 'I Proposed To My Girlfriend 5X'

http://www.lifelovequotesandsayings.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/The-love-of-your-life.jpg

Yeah...

I dig this couple right here. Their look is hot for one. However, they got me in the intro of the following video when Jacques explained the beginning part of he and his beloved Dahcia's journey when he said, well wrote, this:

"When I met Dahcia, 5 years ago, I was in college (UAlbany) and in the process of starting my social media agency, BOOGIE. Which meant long days, long nights, no sleep, etc. She still decided to come along for the ride, and help me grow BOOGIE. Today, we are a team of 8 and she is our VP of Strategy."

Amen! The Amplified Version of Genesis 2:18 says what? It says "Now the Lord God said, It is not good (sufficient, satisfactory) that the man should be alone; I will make him a helper (suitable, adapted, complementary) for him." She is suitable help. She is adaptable help. She is complementary help. She is helping to build Jacques and his dreams up, not down. *Just as a good helper should*.

They really are cute. And I like how he incorporated what they do for a living, seamlessly so, into the proposal:



If you want to read his letter to Dahcia, you can do so by going here: DEARDAHCIA.

Out of all that Jacques said within it, this was my favorite part:

I’ve grown a lot over the years and a lot of it has to do with our relationship. I learned to be a better man, I learned to be a better friend, I learned to be a better businessman, I learned to WRITE better (although it’s been so difficult writing this right next to you and not being able to ask you… “What’s another word for ‘selected’ or how do you spell professional—hence the extra ‘N’ that I purposely left above).

You mean the world to me and together, we will take over this world one day (corny). I am so excited for what’s to come in the future; marriage, big houses, little ‘Jaccia’ or ‘Dacques’ (If you ever call my kids these names…)

God put us on this earth to be there for each other. He knew I would need someone like you in my life, just like he knew you need someone like me (I’m not too bad of a catch either).

I want to thank you for being there and always being here (you would probably tell me that this sentence needs to be clearer).
You didn’t realize it but I’ve been asking you to marry me all week...
 

Oh and another thing that I dig is that they didn't drag their feet after the proposal either. They got married a few months later:




Yep. What a breath of fresh air these two are.

It's possible.

Wait for it.


Luxuriant,

SRW

No comments:

Post a Comment