Friday, December 19, 2014

"On Fire": Wanna Know What's Next? Ask God to Give Your Love Life a WORD.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/05/5f/f8/055ff896f7de1697d02a040d196df0e2.jpg

"Then the Lord God took the man and put him in the garden of Eden to tend and keep it. And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, 'Of every tree of the garden you may freely eat; but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die.'

And the Lord God said, 'It is not good that man should be alone; I will make him a helper comparable to him.' Out of the ground the Lord God formed every beast of the field and every bird of the air, and brought them to Adam to see what he would call them. And whatever Adam called each living creature, that was its name. So Adam gave names to all cattle, to the birds of the air, and to every beast of the field. But for Adam there was not found a helper comparable to him.
 

And the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall on Adam, and he slept; and He took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh in its place. Then the rib which the Lord God had taken from man He made into a woman, and He brought her to the man.
 

And Adam said: 'This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.'

Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh. And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed."---Genesis 2:15-25(NKJV)


It's a story that never gets old...

It really doesn't.

God makes man.
God establishes a relationship with man.
God gives man purpose *and* instructions on how to fulfill that purpose.
Man notices something is different about him.
*GOD THEN DECIDES* IT'S TIME FOR HIM TO HAVE A HELPER (not man).
God puts man to sleep (man is unconscious during that time).
God takes a part of what supports a man and makes a woman---who can be an even better support.
GOD BRINGS THE WOMAN TO THE MAN (man does not "chase" the woman).
Man then uses a word to define who his helper is to him: WOMAN.

Awesome...

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/44/a2/79/44a2790ff349f1ca571015f28ea7604a.jpg

One of my favorite verses in Scripture is Psalm 46:5(NKJV): "God is in the midst of her, she shall not be moved; God shall help her, just at the break of dawn." I like it, in part, because it's in the very early hours of the morning when the Spirit (John 4:24) and I tend to have the most...intimate chats. Usually because I'm too sleepy to do anything *but* listen (Proverbs 28:9-Message).

Take this morning, for example...

As I was processing some conversations that I've been having with single women (who desire marriage) lately and also been seeking for a few answers about my own journey, this is what I heard the Father say. Clear as "dawn day":

Ask me, *and only me*, for a word to describe how your husband will feel towards you, even before you are his wife. *And then don't settle* until you see that word acted out in a man.

Then he gave me the word. And it's awesome. And rare. A word that I don't really use. Ever.

It's a word that truly will set my husband a part from any other man.

God is so detailed. And thorough. And awesome.

At first, I was going to share the word that I was given on this blog; however, something that God has been getting onto me about more and more is discerning the difference between what he tells me as his individual daughter and what he has given me to share with many of his other daughters. And so, being that Psalm 33:15 tells us our hearts are fashioned individually (a distinct, indivisible entity; a single thing, being, instance, or item), I'll keep *my word* to myself.

However, the message in general is something that I have peace about sharing with you and Praise God that he provided me with another example to properly illustrate it: Adam and the Woman. *His Woman*.

I don't know if it's feminism or just a lack of understanding that makes so many women "pause" at a man referring to his wife as "his woman". Personally, I find it to be endearing---and biblical. The first biblically-documented married man explained why he decided to use one specific word to express how he felt about his divine helper. It was "Woman". Why? Because he recognized that she was a part of him. And so yes, when I hear a man say "my woman" and he's actually married to her (that is key!), that's what I think about. It's a public way to acknowledging to God, himself, her and anyone else within earshot that his wife is not just "some lady he likes". She is a part of his very being. His core. A blessing and great favor (Proverbs 18:22) from God.

And so, when God and I had the conversation about my word, it reminded me that no matter how much the world (I John 2:16) tends to go "off script", God still desires for us to follow the Garden of Eden blueprint (Joel 2:3)---to the letter. And since Adam spoke a word that defined his wife, a godly man should still use a word to define/express his feelings towards his wife too.

A word that is special.
A word that is sacred.
A word that speaks to her in a way no other word can. Or will.

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/96/1c/82/961c8214cf0a5009326ca5d34b5dbd51.jpg

The tripped out thing about my word is that someone sent me a postcard referencing it several years ago. I thought it was "random" at the time. It's a *confirmation* now. And it has brought so much peace and clarity.

As for you, as you're on your own distinct love journey, I encourage you to ask God to give you a word---no, *your word*. One that is like a secret password to your heart. A word that will be all-encompassing when it comes to you knowing when you've met *the one* God has for you. A word that will may be verbally spoken but will definitely be acted out. By your husband.

Because here's the thing: God is who joins married folks together (Matthew 19:6).

So something tells me that the word he gives us is the word he will also tell our husbands.

One more piece of the puzzle ladies.

Get your word (YOUR WORD) from God. And then wait...

For the word to be manifested in your (love) life.


Luxuriant,

SRW

No comments:

Post a Comment