Tuesday, January 6, 2015

"On Fire": Pay Very Close Attention to God's INVITATIONS

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/12/a5/f2/12a5f2e35c508a49ff3e76b1a3c837a2.jpg

"The lot is cast into the lap, but the decision is wholly of the Lord [even the events that seem accidental are really ordered by Him]."---Proverbs 16:33(AMP)

"It seemed good to me to show the signs and wonders that the Most High God has performed toward me. How great are His signs! And how mighty His wonders! His kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and His dominion is from generation to generation."---Daniel 4:2-3(AMP)


OK so...

This post is more like a hug from God---and perhaps a confirmation on some things---than anything else.

On this coming Friday, it will be (whew Father!) eight years since I've had sex with another human being. EIGHT YEARS. I'm the signs-and-wonder girl (as my mother puts it) and so I'm tickled that at 40, eight biblically symbolizes "new beginnings". AND, as God would have it, I received a wedding invitation, from a couple that I'm in agreement with, who remained sexually pure while dating, who is getting married on Friday as well.

I actually have another engagement on that day and so I'm not going to be able to make it. However, I'm sharing all of that to make this point:

PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO GOD'S PERSONAL INVITATIONS IN YOUR LIFE.

Here's what I mean by that...

How awesome that I had the opportunity to go to a sacred event on the same day that I'll be celebrating a new beginning (which I'm thinking is going to be a new season-Ecclesiastes 3). How thoughtful of him (and the couple) that as I'm serving in the area of covenant, God would give me an opportunity to witness one transpiring.

In fact, one of my girlfriends who is actually in the wedding was just telling me a few days ago that all this time, she thought the wedding was going to be on Saturday; that it threw her a bit that it was taking place on Friday.

Personally, I find that to be awesome! The way that Scripture reads (Genesis 1-2), it would appear that Adam and the Woman got married on Friday. Another awesome thing about Friday is that's the day when Christ died (hence, "Good Friday"). Marital covenant was introduced on Friday. Salvation was as well. *More folks should think about getting married on that day, don't ya think?"

Yet for me, what's amazing about it for me personally is that it's an awesome way to think about my abstinence anniversary.  AND that God knew it was going to play out this way back in 2008 when I sighed and said to the Lord "OK, we can try this not-getting-any-thing for a year and see what happens." (LOL) Meanwhile he was like "OK, we'll let you think that. For now, Miss Shellie."

A year later, the "On Fire" blog was born.

A year after that, my second book came out.

Since then, so much growth has transpired.

Am I still single? Yep. Yet more and more, for me, it's becoming the *true definition of the word*: whole and complete (James 1:4). And so God sent me a personal invitation, in the very area he has called me to serve, to celebrate!

*He's so awesome that I can't stand it sometimes!*

And so "On Fire" sistahs, the moral to the story is this: Don't be so busy (or is it consumed? Or is it obsessed over?) what you want to happen in your life right now that you miss some of your own signs and wonders; that you don't discern what's going on in the spirit world (I Corinthians 2:14) and so you chalk certain things up to nothing more than mere "accidents". The Word tells us that what seem to be accidents are actually of God and real talk? Oftentimes, "God's accidents" are actually *invitations*.

And you know what? One of my favorite definitions of invitation is "something offered as a suggestion". A lot is tied into a suggestion.

A suggestion is "a hint".

A suggestion is "a piece of advice".

A suggestion is "the process whereby the mere presentation of an idea to a receptive individual leads to the acceptance of that idea".

God's suggestions plant ideas that we're encouraged to accept and being that the Word tells us that God can do above what we ask or think (exceedingly so, in fact-Ephesians 3:20-21), if there's *anyone's suggestions* that we should take literally and seriously, it would be his!

So...

Stay prayerful so that you can see God's hints...advice...ideas...INVITATIONS when they come.

There's absolutely no telling what he's conveying *and* what they're connected to.

Amen? Amen.


Adorn,

SRW

No comments:

Post a Comment