Tuesday, April 21, 2015

An Ounce of Prevention: '14-Day Prayers for Your Future Husband (and Prayers for Yourself) Project'


http://in1.ccio.co/F1/M2/7D/742bcf831b1ad3f4af0fd03cd25f3746.jpg?iw=300

So...

As I was doing some research for a single male friend of mine who is gearing up to pray for his future wife, I "happened upon" (Proverbs 16:33-AMP) a site that has 14 days of prayers for single women who want to pray for their future husband and also 14 days of prayer for single women who desire to further prepare to become their man's future wife.

I'm actually going to start with the instructions for praying about preparing to be a wife:

Step 1. There are 14 payers for you to pray for your future as a wife for 14 days.

Step 2. We want you as the reader, to read it,

Step 3. Pray it, and

Step 4. Write/or pray it in your own words.

Step 5. Save them in a special box for after you are married and need to be reminded of what you envisioned for your future as a wife.

It’s good to be in prayer for our character development and transition into marriage. I don’t know if you or I are called to be single all of our lives, but I feel that this is a thing that I should be in prayer about. Recently, we did a 2 week journey called “Prayers for our Future Husbands” it seemed only fitting that we pray for ourselves as future wives as well. A young woman commented on the page and suggested that we also pray those prayers for ourselves as future wives as well, which actually sparked the idea for this journey!

We do not pray selfishly for ourselves during the next 2 weeks, but with a godly mindset, asking fervently for help from God to become the women he designed us to be, praying to become the help-meets that He has in mind for our future beloveds. After the 14 day prayer journey, we do not need to stop praying for our lives as future wives; we can continue every day, asking God to help us become the women that our future husbands need by their sides.
 

We are so excited to get started! We hope to see you join us. Thank you for your support and love. God bless!

The Day One Prayer says this:

Day 1
 

Dear Lord, I know that I am your daughter. You are the prefect Father and I could not ask for a better protector! I know that you have picked out the man that you want me to marry. You know his name, what he looks like, how he acts, his personality, his past and future flaws, and you are saving me for him. I know he will not be perfect and I know that I am not perfect. But I know that you are molding me into the kind of woman that my future husband needs.

Lord, I ask that you build in me the kind of characteristics that will support my husband and his ambitions and dreams. Help me to learn how to come alongside of him with a servants heart and with wisdom in how to be his right hand. I want to encourage bless, serve and obey my future husband in all matters. Please prepare me and equip me for this task while I am not yet married Jesus.

Thank you for training me Lord. Help me to accept any change that might take place while you are creating me to be a future Help-Meet. I love you Lord, Amen.



Day Two Prayer says this:

Day 2

Dear Lord, help me to cultivate an attitude of humility in my life. Don’t let me ever fall into a mindset of entitlement. Please help everything I do to flow from a heart of gratitude. I ask that you would show me how to put my future husband first.

 
Help me to be free from selfishness in all the relationships in my life, but especially in my future marriage. Show me how to live with a love like you have. Help me to prepare to purposefully search out ways to show my husband your sacrificial love. Amen.

It really is a very sweet project and journey. You can see all of the prayers here.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/9d/88/d9/9d88d9b70265b6ab97b51cd9ad718626.jpg


As for the prayers for your future husband, the instructions are basically the same. Here are Day One and Day Two prayers:

Day 1

Lord, I don’t know who my future husband will be but you do. So I willingly trust you with my life and his. I want to lift my future husband up to you this weekend Lord. Please give him a great weekend! Help him to enjoy his friends and family. Give him peace and rest from the hard work week. Help him to keep his eyes on you and to encounter your presence in a whole new way! I pray that he would be able to make the right choices and decisions when it comes to his plans this weekend. Help him to be a light and shining example to his friends this weekend. Lord, whatever he does let it be a reflection of his love for you and may he bring you glory. Please help him know you love him and are looking out for him. Thank you Jesus. I love you and want to bring You and my future husband honor.  Amen.


Day 2
 

Lord, please bless my future husband today with the gift of friends. Please bring him godly mentors and companions that will spur him on in the pursuit of godliness. I pray especially that he would have examples of godly men to look up to. I ask that You would give him friends his own age who are seeking You with their lives. Please help him to be surrounded with the people that will draw him nearer to You and not farther away. And please give him friends that will bring laughter and joy into his life. Amen.

You can read all of the prayers here.

If you've been feeling compelled to do some (additional) ministering to your future beloved via prayer, hopefully these projects are an answer to prayer. ;-)


Adorn,

SRW

No comments:

Post a Comment