Tuesday, June 9, 2015

"On Fire": Study Finds Economically Dependent Men Do Some Strange Things

http://www.foundationsforfreedom.net/Topics/Parent_Infants/_res/GBF2/Sex_Roles/Husband_Wife_Roles.gif
OK...

This one is gonna be (relatively) short 'n sweet.

A year ago this month, I posted a video of a particular kind of male bird that, during the courtship phase, prepares a home for a prospective female bird and then spends a significant amount of time trying to get the female's attention. If you didn't see it (or you want to see it again), you can check it out here.

The Word makes it clear of the roles of a husband. One of them is provider. And even before you join your life to him, as I oftentimes say "Since a man is supposed to love you as Christ loves the Church then he needs to prepare a place for you as Christ is doing for us now." (Ephesians 5:25-33)

“Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. And where I go you know, and the way you know.”---John 14:1-4(NKJV)

And in walks a study that I checked out today to support this resolve. Basically the title says it all: "Male Economic Dependence On Women May Be A Cause Of Infidelity Among Couples, Study Finds". God does things decently and in order (I Corinthians 14:40) and he has an order for how he does things for a reason. And a purpose. When a man is out of purpose, it can be emasculating and he may seek "manhood" in some really unhealthy and counterproductive. When a woman is out of purpose, it can cause her to be unsure of herself which oftentimes, in turn, makes her controlling. Check out "Married to Jezebel: It’s All About Control".

I've been listening to Usher sing a hook on repeat today. I'm feelin' it:

If there's a question of my heart
You got it
It don't belong to anyone but you
If there's a question of my love
Don't worry
Baby I've got plans for you

Baby I've been making plans
Baby I've been making plans for you

I really like that: He's intentional. He's...*making plans*. For his woman.
Just like a man SHOULD.

Stay in God's order for things.
Trust him and the process.
He sees now and the future.
He's got you.


Adorn,

SRW

No comments:

Post a Comment