Friday, October 2, 2015

"On Fire": (VIDEOS) 'Ring Bearer and Flower Girl Marry 17 Years Later in Same Church'

Displaying 9a2162011cb7ec6bec4d6c9c50360d82.jpg

When you get to be my age...

More of your friends are married than single. And not only married but parents.

This means that I find myself having all sorts of conversations about kids and their futures. One of the things that a lot of my friends say is they wish they could betroth their kids.

I'll say this, a lot of that happened in biblical times as well as The Little House on the Prairie days and the divorce rates were close to nothing. Plus, statistics say that 90 percent of arranged married last even today. All this to say, it's not so "crazy" as some folks might think. What's *crazy* is picking a mate without God (Psalm 37:23) or one who is not spiritually equipped or mature enough for marriage (Matthew 19:11-12-Message)!

Anyway...

The point of this post is that I read about a story that actually made me think a lot about bethrothing. I'll let the video speak for itself:



I really like it when in the written copy that he said "Every time our paths would go separate ways, we'd reconnect." Hmph. ;-)

Which led me to watching this:



GOD IS BIG. So, in the moments when you doubt, in the moments when you wonder if things are coming together and especially in the moments when you look back on things and think "What was THAT all about?!?", think back on these two couples and remember that God is the Ultimate Master of connecting dots, making things work out for your good and painting a picture so beautiful that you couldn't mimic it---or figure it out in the process---if you tried (Ephesians 3:20-21)!

Be encouraged!

Adorn,

SRW

No comments:

Post a Comment