Tuesday, November 24, 2015

"On Fire": It's AN HONOR to Be A WOMAN Made for A GODLY MAN



"But I want you to know that the head of every man is Christ, the head of woman is man, and the head of Christ is God...For man is not from woman, but woman from man. Nor was man created for the woman, but woman for the man. For this reason the woman ought to have a symbol of authority on her head, because of the angels. Nevertheless, neither is man independent of woman, nor woman independent of man, in the Lord. For as woman came from man, even so man also comes through woman; but all things are from God."---I Corinthians 11:3&8-12(NKJV)


Although I don't watch any Shonda Rimes shows...

As a woman and on some levels, especially a black woman, I keep up with her accomplishments. No one can doubt that she has made quite a mark in the entertainment industry. However, as I caught some of her interview with Oprah on SuperSoul Sunday, I thought to myself  "Hmm...maybe that's why it seems like rarely are couples healthy on her programs." (Y'all tell me if there are some because from the few times I've watched Scandal and from what I know about the others, I can't really think of one.)

Here is a clip that helps to put what I'm saying into perspective:




Before I go deeper, let me say this: If you, like Oprah and Shonda, don't want to get married...OK. I mean like *for real, for real* OK (LOL). Christ was single. Paul was single. And they were beyond ultimate in what they did for the kingdom of God. HOWEVER, being single, from a biblical perspective, means *living single* all the way around. For instance, if you don't want to get married, ever, you don't need to engage in sex...*ever*. Sex is made for marriage (Hebrews 13:4).

Yeah, what I'm learning more and more is a lot of people are actually saying "I want the benefits that come with marriage without so much of the responsibility." That's not a declaration of singleness but one of spiritual immaturity (Hebrews 5:12-14). However, if you do so choose to remain single, this is important to keep in mind:

"I want you to be free from the concerns of this life. An unmarried man can spend his time doing the Lord’s work and thinking how to please him. But a married man has to think about his earthly responsibilities and how to please his wife. His interests are divided. In the same way, a woman who is no longer married or has never been married can be devoted to the Lord and holy in body and in spirit. But a married woman has to think about her earthly responsibilities and how to please her husband."---I Corinthians 7:32-34(NLT)

If you're a believer and especially if you're a disciple (John 8:31-32), declaring that you are called to singleness means that your sole focus is on holiness---*body and spirit*. It's an admirable lifestyle *and discipline*. No wonder it's considered to be a spiritual gift (you can read more about the spiritual gift here).

However, the point of me sharing this particular post is because as a woman, a bible believing and following woman, I encourage you to really pray about 1) if you are *called* to marriage (Matthew 19:11-12-Message) and 2) to really ponder (Proverbs 4:26) a huge part of why *the Word* says that women are here on planet earth. I Corinthians 11 is clear. *Woman was made for man*. It's simply a spiritual sentiment and resolve that is echoed based on Genesis 2:18(NKJV): "And the Lord God said, 'It is not good that man should be alone; I will make him a helper comparable to him.'"

Not only does Paul speak of woman being made for man but it not being...God's best for women to be independent of man *nor* for man to be independent of woman. That also is clear in the Garden of Eden being that the only human relationship we saw in there was marriage. Marriage is beautiful. Marriage is purpose-filled. Marriage is...miraculously and supernaturally divine (Matthew 19:6).

I was given a "parable reminder" of this when I read an article last week about an engaged couple who decided to nix their wedding ceremony and reception in order to put those monies towards a Syrian refugee family (you can read more about it here). A couple *like that*...man, they are a billboard for the beauty of marriage!

Yeah, I'd venture to say that aside from the fact that we've allowed to world to influence us *way too much* (James 4:4, I John 2:16), a lot of women don't want to get married and even cringe at reading verses in the Word like I Corinthians 11, not because of marriage but because of the kind of men they either have witnessed or dated. 'Cause looka here, have an encounter with *the right godly man* and it is a complete and total honor to be made for him, in order to help him, in order to further the kingdom.

And in walks a video that an "On Fire" woman (thanks Ms. Mona!) shared with me just a few minutes ago. And interestingly enough, I see no wedding ring (LOL):




Something that really stood out to me, aside from his flat-out passion for God, is the fact that he kept saying "on fire" and in my mind I was like "How can you NOT love men and marriage and the fact that you were created to be a vessel, in part, to help a man, when you see one who is so ON FIRE FOR GOD like this one?!?"

Please check the video out. He is a "God hype man", for sure!
Men like this make me immediately stop what I'm doing and pray for their divine helper.

And then I saw another more recent video of his that had me be like "Yeah...I'm gonna pray for him often." The title is "Ladies what does it cost me to take your clothes off?" It's raw and real. Super raw and real:



HE. IS. GOING. IN.

We have to remember that Genesis 2:18 defines us as "helper" and John 14:26 defines the Holy Spirit as "helper" as well. In fact, the Amplified Version takes it a step further sharing all of the ways that the Holy Spirit helps: "Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, Standby". Ask any man who is in a healthy and spiritually-sound (which includes biblically-based) marriage and he's going to be quick to say that his wife, at some point, has been all of these things both to and for him. In many ways, that's what Proverbs 31:10-31 is all about! Giving praise to a woman who is so mighty as a wife and a mother.

Satan can't stand the fact that man was given the gift of a woman...to help him reach a higher level in God than he could ever reach alone. So, he does whatever he can to "steal, kill and destroy" (John 10:10) the relationship dynamic.

He's such a Liar (John 8:44), though. And why should we care what a liar has to say? The fact that on June 17, 1974, God said "Shellie, I am birthing you to be a woman and to help men become better men", and perhaps one especially being a husband? I'm humbled. I'm thankful. And I'm super honored!

You are a woman...
A part of the reason why women were created was for men.

Awesome!
Don't focus on how much the world has a problem with that...
The world has a problem with pretty much all of what the Bible has to say.

Focus instead on being *the right kind of woman*...
For the *right kind of purpose*...
With the *right kind of GODLY MAN*.

A man who is ON FIRE for God...
And can use you to set him even more AFLAME. For the Lord!

Hey, this isn't called "The 'On Fire' Fast Movement" for nothing...
Thank you, Mr. Marcus Rogers, for your sho 'nuf reminder of that!!!


Adorn,

SRW

No comments:

Post a Comment