Sunday, December 6, 2015

An Ounce of Prevention: (MOVIE ONLINE) 'For the Love of Ruth'

http://topfamousquotes.com/images/topic/201506/ruth-and-boaz-quotes-1.jpg

So...

While I'm doing a bit of writing today, I'm watching a TV One movie called "For the Love of Ruth". Initially, I didn't catch that it was a modernized tale of the biblical Ruth's story but it is. And being that the Book of Ruth is one of my favorite stories in the Word (check out the The Gospel of Ruth: Loving God Enough to Break the Rules sometime. It's an awesome, awesome read!), I thought I would share it here...if you're looking for some *safe entertainment* that puts an interesting perspective on a bible story (kind of reminds me of how the book Redeeming Love modernizes the story of Hosea and Gomer).

Sometimes we read stories in the Bible and wonder how real/realistic they may be to...turn out in the way that they did. Perhaps this "parable version" (Matthew 13:13) can serve as a reminder that the Bible can be trusted and God's hand shows up...in some of the most fascinating kinds of ways. Prayerfully, it can also serve as a reminder to do what you know to do and...allow God to "connect the dots" due to your diligence and faithfulness: "The soul of a lazy man desires, and has nothing; But the soul of the diligent shall be made rich." (Proverbs 13:4-NKJV)



Adorn,

SRW

No comments:

Post a Comment