Wednesday, February 17, 2016

An Ounce of Prevention: (VIDEO) 'What Can Women Do To Find A Future Husband? (Should You Online Date?)'

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/47/e7/5c/47e75caa4bb724935817c9c7a4b321d6.jpg

I dig the picture quote...

Because I always liked the fact that the Shulamite woman in Song of Solomon was *mature enough* to ask her friends to not gas her up to get into a relationship but to help her to *be patient* until the time was right. Because when the timing is right, the relationship has a FAR greater chance at succeeding.

Anyway, the video featured in this post, I also like a lot because of something that the guy specifically says towards the beginning of it. Something that is biblical that I have said for a long time was/is God's original design for relationships that transition into marriage:

"And the Lord God said, 'It is not good that man should be alone; I will make him a helper comparable to him.' Out of the ground the Lord God formed every beast of the field and every bird of the air, and brought them to Adam to see what he would call them. And whatever Adam called each living creature, that was its name. So Adam gave names to all cattle, to the birds of the air, and to every beast of the field. But for Adam there was not found a helper comparable to him.
 

And the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall on Adam, and he slept; and He took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh in its place. Then the rib which the Lord God had taken from man He made into a woman, and He brought her to the man.
 

And Adam said:  'This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.'
 

Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh. And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed."---Genesis 2:18-25(NKJV)

James 1:17 says that every good and perfect gift is of God.
Proverbs 18:22 says that a wife is a good thing.

The very definition of a gift lets us know that it doesn't have to be *earned*...
It is FREELY GIVEN. In this case by God.

So when the guy said "I felt like the last thing I needed the Lord's help with was getting a woman. I was defiant. I said, 'Lord, I'm good.' He was like 'No, I'm going to bring her to you. And I was like "Nah. I see something I like. I'm going to pursue them and I did. And it wasn't a fit. It didn't work out. It got the point where I almost stopped dating...I was in a relationship where it didn't work out. She said 'What did I do wrong?' and I said 'Nothing...you didn't do anything wrong. I just know this is not it."

Yeah, when we don't do things God's way...he will still try and get our attention before we make a vow to him and to another human being regarding marriage. *Because once you make that vow, he expects you to keep it* (Ecclesiastes 7:1-5).

There are some other good points in here too. Like the fact that his beautiful wife prayed for her future husband constantly, even before ever meeting/knowing him.

They are very real, especially about checking out people's stats when it comes to online dating and social media profiles for those of you interested in taking that route.

A short enough video to watch on a work break...




Proverbs 12:4,

SRW

No comments:

Post a Comment