Tuesday, February 9, 2016

"On Fire": (VIDEO) 'What Every Modern Wife Should Know About Her Role'

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/c6/d1/17/c6d117ff747c1bbaad887061d94799c5.jpg

I can't remember if it was last year or the year before...

But I received an email from a woman telling me that while she appreciated the "On Fire" blog, she didn't like one of the quotes that I posted and she wanted me to take it down. I wrote her back, told her I got her perspective but didn't agree. She then wrote back to say that she was upset that I didn't post her comment and she was going to stop following the blog if I didn't pull the quote down.

Oh, please believe that I used to be the debating kind and sometimes, you can still get me into one to tell you the truth. But with her, I didn't respond, the quote remained and I don't know if she reads the blog anymore or not.

But what did stay with me was "Wow. You're reading about how to prepare to be a wife and you're bossing someone else around on their own blog? You've got a ways to go, sistah."

I was reminded of all of this today when I checked out a roughly 4:40 video from the late (and awesome) Dr. Myles Munroe. I *really liked it* when he said that two people trying to run a household is a monster because they tend to have two heads (LOL).

Anyway, if you know you're someone who has a controlling spirit, that is in *direct contrast* to what a godly wife is to be. The Word tells us that she is to be *submissive* (Colossians 3:18). Lucky for your future husband as well as yourself that you are not married yet! In fact, I recommend that you read the article "Married to Jezebel: It’s All About Control".

In the meantime, please watch this video when you get a chance. Dr. Munroe brings up some stellar points including "You can't help someone when you don't know the assignment." So true, so true, SO TRUE! If a man doesn't know or isn't fulfilling his *godly purpose*, he's not ready for your *help* (Genesis 2:18)---yet. A lot of women are too busy looking for "the one" rather than praying that *their one* will get in line with what God has for them so that she can assist responsibly, thoroughly and well.

Hopefully, this will ring true after checking this out:




God keeps speaking and preparing. All praises to him for that!


Proverbs 12:4,

SRW

1 comment:

  1. Great read! Thanks for the link to Married to Jezebel.

    ReplyDelete