Wednesday, April 13, 2016

An Ounce of Prevention: (VIDEO) A Guy Talks About Regretting Losing His Virginity

Allow yourself to be a beginner No one starts off being excellent | Inspirational Quotes:

"Flee sexual immorality. Every sin that a man does is outside the body, but he who commits sexual immorality sins against his own body. Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s."---I Corinthians 6:18-20(NKJV)

FLEE. SEXUAL IMMORALITY.

So...

A few days ago, I saw a title of an article that caught my attention: "Please God, Don't Let Me Die a Virgin". I'll be 42 in a couple of months and haven't had sex over nine years, so I get it. It's not the purity that's the problem (God requires that--Hebrews 13:4). It's the thought of never being able to have sex again that can be a bit of a struggle (to say the least!). Anyway, here's an excerpt:

I’ll be 29 this year, and I can count on one hand the amount of dates I’ve been on in my life. I’ve never been on a date with a man where I’ve enjoyed myself and wanted to continue the relationship. They’ve all been awkward, and then I had to do the whole “I don’t really like you that way. Let’s pretend like we’re going to stay friends, but I’m actually going to avoid you like the plague from here on out because I feel guilty for possibly hurting your feelings” thing.

Let me share with you a list of some situations I’d rather not go through again:

    Being told by a guy I like he’s not that interested in me
    Telling a guy I’m not that interested in him
    Kidney stones

So after one painfully awkward date, I told God I would prefer not to be asked out at all than to be asked out by a man whom I’d have to reject.

God is faithful, and I have not been asked out since August 2012.

I’m telling you this because I need you to know I’m not some super holy person who has resisted so much temptation in an effort to stay faithful to my future husband; I’ve had no opportunity to be unfaithful. (At least not physically… emotionally unfaithful? Well that’s a story for another day.)

I’m just a girl who somedays feels like the biggest loser in the world and who sometimes believes no man will ever find her beautiful or love her. A girl who struggles with loneliness and feeling unwanted.

But those are my feelings; they are not my reality.

My reality is a Father who has beautifully protected me from the pain and destruction of sexual sin thus far in my life, but whose affection is not contingent upon my perfection. I am loved.

My reality is a Savior who loved me at my worst and who continues to recklessly pursue my heart. I am wanted.

My reality is a Great Comforter who guides and guards me as I navigate the trials and joys of this world. I am never alone.

Feelings often take awhile to catch up to God’s truth. They also forget easily. I have to remind my heart daily of the truth, so my feelings can be rooted in God’s Word and not fear.

My fear of being single forever and dying a virgin finds its root in the fear of being an outsider and misunderstood and ridiculed. Ironically enough, God’s Word promises exactly those things for those who follow Jesus.

We were never meant to “fit in” in this world; we were meant to change it. And in our weakness and struggles, God shines brightest.


I like articles like this because they are truly "walk by faith and not by sight" (2 Corinthians 5:7) pieces. However, if you're someone who can totally relate to where she's (or I) am coming from, I want you to check out a pretty candid video. It's from a guy who regrets losing his virginity. I always like it when the fellas speak up because they bring a...raw honesty that we oftentimes don't hear from our own gender.



There a few times he had me cracking up!

Anyway, the reason why this particular piece has the picture quote that it does is because it's to serve as a reminder to virgins that *sex is for marriage ONLY* and when you begin your life with your husband, that is when GOD ORDAINS your sex life to begin too.

A huge part of the reason why you're struggling to give "it" up now is because the Word tells us that the thief *only comes* to steal, kill and destroy (John 10:10). Satan hates virgins. He knows how special, precious and rare that gift is. I can't tell you how many couples I counsel who don't trust each other as fully as they should and it's because they didn't protect one another while they are dating/courting one another.

That's why this post the picture quote that it does...
Sex was designed to begin *only* in marriage.

If you're a virgin, hopefully the video will give you a few things to think about...
If you're abstinent, don't grow weary in well doing (Galatians 6:9)...
If you're currently sexually active...you're not "making love". It's a trap.

God never designed sex to have regret or remorse attached it it.
Repent (I John 1:9-10) and abstain.

Purity is the gateway to unbelievable sex.
Don't settle for sexual sin.


Proverbs 12:4,

SRW

No comments:

Post a Comment