Thursday, June 23, 2016

"On Fire": Prayer Call to See Your Future Husband SPIRITUALLY





"But, on the contrary, as the Scripture says, What eye has not seen and ear has not heard and has not entered into the heart of man, [all that] God has prepared (made and keeps ready) for those who love Him [ who hold Him in affectionate reverence, promptly obeying Him and gratefully recognizing the benefits He has bestowed].
 

Yet to us God has unveiled and revealed them by and through His Spirit, for the [Holy] Spirit searches diligently, exploring and examining everything, even sounding the profound and bottomless things of God [the divine counsels and things hidden and beyond man’s scrutiny].
 

For what person perceives (knows and understands) what passes through a man’s thoughts except the man’s own spirit within him? Just so no one discerns (comes to know and comprehend) the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God.
 

Now we have not received the spirit [that belongs to] the world, but the [Holy] Spirit Who is from God, [given to us] that we might realize and comprehend and appreciate the gifts [of divine favor and blessing so freely and lavishly] bestowed on us by God.
 

And we are setting these truths forth in words not taught by human wisdom but taught by the [Holy] Spirit, combining and interpreting spiritual truths with spiritual language [to those who possess the Holy Spirit].
 

But the natural, nonspiritual man does not accept or welcome or admit into his heart the gifts and teachings and revelations of the Spirit of God, for they are folly (meaningless nonsense) to him; and he is incapable of knowing them [of progressively recognizing, understanding, and becoming better acquainted with them] because they are spiritually discerned and estimated and appreciated.
 

But the spiritual man tries all things [he examines, investigates, inquires into, questions, and discerns all things], yet is himself to be put on trial and judged by no one [he can read the meaning of everything, but no one can properly discern or appraise or get an insight into him]."---I Corinthians 2:9-15(AMPC)

OK...

Why *that* as the lead picture quote? Because it's a guideline for how to really hear from the Lord...

That said...

As I was praying for the "On Fire" gals the past few times, God put it into my spirit to do an official prayer call. It's not a project or fast per se, but if you are someone who desires marriage, the Word does tell us that where two or three are gathered in God's name, he is present (Matthew 18:19-20) *and* that if we ask what is according to HIS WILL (not our desires---James 1:14-15), he will grant those things to us (I John 5:14-15).

As I was thinking about some of the sessions and conversations I've had with married people I know, if there's one thing I am ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN we need to be "praying without ceasing" (I Thessalonians 5:17) about, it's making sure that 1) our desire for a husband IS a part of God's will for our individual lives and 2) that we discern who "he" is based on our spirituality more than our physicality.

Make sense?

I have been rockin' with the lead Scripture for this message for a while now. I appreciate how it says that the natural man (or woman) doesn't see things in the way that the spirit-ual side of it does (Galatians 5:16-17). The flesh is lust and pride-based (and a lot of people make decisions based on those things--I John 2:16). The spirit? The spirit cares about pleasing the Lord and doing what is best for *this life* AND *the afterlife* to follow (there is no such thing as YOLO!---John 14:1-6).

In the natural, you may pick a man based on how he looks, what your heart says (yeah, be careful with that!--Jeremiah 17:9, Matthew 15:19), your biological clock or hormones.

BUT IN THE SPIRIT?

You care about someone who will bring you closer to the Lord, help you to fulfill your purpose and will follow the biblical guidelines when it comes to service, marriage and family.

Before ANY OF US get married to ANYBODY, we need to make sure our spirits are the priority, not our flesh.

It makes me think of two entries that two "On Fire" women sent me about why they will be good wives someday:

"I would make an awesome wife because I learning what it means to have a servant's heart. I recently just returned from a mission's trip in Kentucky and the Lord began to reveal to me that I really have a heart for people. A lot of my team mates mentioned about how kind and genuine I am and that really humbled me. This will be important in marriage because I know that there will be times when my husband will come home and will need a break from work or maybe he'll need encouragement. I won't be able to be so consumed with my wants and needs that I neglect his. In order to be a "helpmate" to him, I'll have to be mindful of him even when he's away. I have also learned that I am very adventurous! I love being able to try new things even though they may seem scary at first. In marriage, trying new things will be essential in order to keep things fresh! Men love a woman that they can go on an adventure with and I know my future husband will appreciate that!"---Alicia C.

---

"1 Corinthians 9:25-27 speaks on the fight for the eternal crown and the discipline to reach it. I love v. 27 (I initially read it on a shirt that was given to me), “But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified”. The verse preceding that, says this: “…Thus I fight: not as one who beats the air.” I recently read that we cannot fight the flesh in the flesh but must go to the spirit of God to help us. I love the way it was aptly stated here. I love exercising and that is one reason I enjoy that scripture because when I work out, my body is brought under subjection by the will of my mind. However, I’ve learned that bodily exercise profits the body well, but spiritual exercise brings about change and in a way builds spiritual muscle. Numero uno in being crafted into an awesome wife is fighting my daily battles in the spirit.

Recently, I’ve been thinking about summer, swimsuits, swimming, and sun. Yes, herein lies a little problem. I love Matthew 6:33…seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and the next verse where it says not to worry about tomorrow because today has its own trouble. I’ve been focusing on the wrong things. While today I have a myriad of things to study for and prepare for, I’ve been pondering on what swimsuit I should wear to the pool or beach and what would be considered too sexy or not modest enough. While the internal debate helped me come to a decision, it did not address more pressing matters that should have been prioritized first. I believe as was stated in 1 Timothy 2:9-10 about modest apparel and good works. I also believe that as Ecclesiastes 3 says, there is a time for everything. Focusing on swimsuits while I could have been edifying my mind was definitely not the right timing. The beautiful thing about that is that it brought me here and to writing this. Numero dos in being crafted into an awesome wife is: trusting God’s timing, prioritizing and maintaining modesty in my walk.

Lastly, becoming an awesome wife means nothing if one doesn’t love themselves enough to love one’s spouse. Walking out my life in love is sometimes the hardest thing to do. Love is a choice; deliberate and beautiful, simple and complicated. To make an awesome wife, I must love God, love who He has made me and love the man He brings into my life, for better or for worse till death do us part. To make an awesome wife, I must love like in 1 Corinthians 13. I must love like God loved be before He even knew me. And definitely, I must love the way Christ did, sacrificing his life that we may live. In all, love is the element that can make or break a marriage. To make an awesome wife, I believe I must love enough to die to my flesh and the pride of it so our love may live guided by the spirit of God."---Talysia E.


ALL OF THAT GODLINESS! It's awesome!

And *those* made me think of this man's vows (Ecclesiastes 5:1-7)...

Only someone in relationship with the Lord, who is in touch with his spirit, could say this (he may not be animated, but he's godly for sure):





Which leads me to the beauty of these vows (romantic and *thorough*):




WHEW...WHEE!!!
Why settle? When you can have a husband who is *spiritual*?

Need prayer?
I'm open.

Shoot me and email about your concerns about the natural vs. the spirit and we'll take it to the Lord together.

Marriage is a gift from God...
LET HIM BRING YOU TO A SPIRITUAL MAN (Genesis 2:22)...
One you will *only be able to recognize*...BY YOUR SPIRIT!


Proverbs 12:4,

SRW

No comments:

Post a Comment