Sunday, June 12, 2016

"On Fire": (VIDEOS) A Kiss IS NOT Just a Kiss!

This is still the way it is when we kiss....like its the first time....you always take my breath away and I fall into you.....I know that this is the way it will always be for us.  We truly enjoy the passion of kissing!:

"Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth---for your love is better than wine."---Song of Solomon 1:2(NKJV)


Yeah...

The picture quote is a bit...intense. By design.

One of the websites I write for had me do a piece on the health benefits of kissing not too long ago. According to research, here are some of  'em:

Reduces Your Blood Pressure
Relieves Cramps and Headaches
Fights Cavities
Releases Your Happy Hormones
Burns Calories
Boosts Your Self-Esteem
Tones Your Facial Muscles
Kissing May Even Boost Your Immune System and Provide Significant Stress Relief


Wow! All that from a kiss, eh?
It also listed this as a benefit. And something to ponder (Proverbs 4:26):

Check Out Your Partner’s Compatibility

A kiss can be a powerful measure of your initial attraction to a person, so much so that the majority of men and women surveyed reporting that a first kiss could be a turn-off. Women, in particular, place more importance on kissing as a “mate assessment device” and as a means of “initiating, maintaining, and monitoring the current status of their relationship with a long-term partner.”

Hmm...

So, let's start here. When I told the Lord I would give abstinence a try (which basically breaks down to telling him I would be obedient, right?--Hebrews 13:4, I Corinthians 6:16-20--Message), I said this, pretty much verbatim:

"God, I'll do this abstinence thing for a year and that's probably not going to include excluding oral sex. If nothing happens after that, well..."

I'm a firm believer that the Spirit speaks to us in ways we're really hear, so this was basically the response:

"That's cute. OK."

God doesn't need to debate what he already knows. So yeah, be careful *telling God* what your future is going to look like, especially since he is the ONLY ONE who is the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end (Revelation 1:8). Here I am, almost a decade later...with a couple of close calls but no...action.

And you know what? The more time I spend without physical intimacy, the pickier I've become. It's not that I'm the girl who thinks that kissing outside of marriage is "wrong". It's that more and more, I'm kind of like..."WHY do you deserve ANY PART of me of this isn't going to be PERMANENT?"

Well, there's that and then there's something that God told me a man would have to say in order to kiss me again. It's pretty specific, so I'm assuming that *only my husband* will be able to "crack that code" because he'd have to ask God...since I'm not allowed to tell him.

And so yes...

Since there are so many benefits to kissing...
Since it does intensify attraction...
Since the lead quote is right: you *won't* get to kiss someone for the first time again...

I just want to give us all something to think about.

I have two friends who started out kissing, then felt convicted and didn't kiss again for about three years. They just celebrated 13 years of marriage a couple of weeks ago (watch their wedding video here). But today, I'm going to share three videos from three couples who didn't kiss each other *at all* prior to their wedding day.

The first couple? The bride had me, hook, line and sinker when she said "[God] loved the thought of us before we even knew of each other." (If you're seeing someone, can you say that God loves *the very thought* of your relationship?) They waited *five years* to kiss one another for the *first time*:




Then there's another couple I adore because they took communion and prayed over one another during their ceremony (how much praying do you do with who you're seeing?):



And then this couple. I can't tell you how many times I've been to weddings when the men have seemed bored to tell you the truth. And you know what ALL of them had in common? Sexual interaction before marriage. This groom, though...he's emotional and the bride is overjoyed. Women deserve a man who feels *so blessed* to have his bride:



Listen, I know everyone is not going to go these counter-cultural extremes in their dating/courtship experience. I'm just using these three couples as a "spiritual commercial" to not take even something like kissing as casually as so many people, both in and out of the Church, seem to do.

Your mouth is just as sacred as any other part of you...
Kisses are to be special and exclusive experiences.

God NEVER wanted two sets of lips touching to be simply seen as...
"A kiss being just a kiss."

It's meant to be so much more blessed than that!


Proverbs 12:4,

SRW

No comments:

Post a Comment