Sunday, August 14, 2016

"On Fire": Are You Letting God Lead You to Your (Future) Husband? (You Sure?)

Hello to my future husband I will say to thee you're the proof that God answers prayers. :) yeaaah #AMEN <3:

"He has made everything beautiful in its time. Also He has put eternity in their hearts, except that no one can find out the work that God does from beginning to end...I know that whatever God does, it shall be forever. Nothing can be added to it and nothing taken from it. God does it, that men should fear before Him."---Ecclesiastes 3:11&14(NKJV)


Well...

The Classic Amplified Version of Proverbs 16:33 says "The lot is cast into the lap, but the decision is wholly of the Lord [even the events that seem accidental are really ordered by Him]." It's a favorite Proverb of mine, partly because it reminds me of the quote "People see God every day. They just don't recognize him." It reminds me to embrace and enjoy being the "signs and wonders girl" (Daniel 4:2-3) that my mama calls me.

I paid attention to one sign, in particular, this week. As I was doing some researching and writing, a video kept popping up in the suggestions section of YouTube. So, I took it as a sign, sent the link to myself and just now watched it.

A lot of y'all know I don't have social media accounts and it has a fair amount of hits, so some of you might have already seen it. But whether it's your first or umpteenth time checking it out, personally, I think it's worth it.

For me, I smiled at a few things...

1) How THOROUGH a man is when he really loves a woman
2) How a personal favorite throwback song of mine popped up (I've always thought about slow dragging with my future husband to it and *rarely* do I hear it played...a nice sign)
3) How we can trust that God truly will do exceedingly abundantly all that we ask or think (Ephesians 3:20)
4) How in traditional Jewish culture, a betrothed women doesn't know when her future husband will come for her after he proposes; usually it requires a year of preparation; she just always needs to be ready because when he does arrive, it's time. (That's where the parable of the Five Wise and Five Foolish Virgins/Bridesmaids come from!--Matthew 25)
5) How her beloved covered EVERYTHING in this proposal (And I mean, *everything*)
6) How when a man loves you like Christ loved the Church and gave his all, you'll see "fruit" (Matthew 12:33) of that prior to marriage
7) How the groom-to-be kept saying "Follow the ones who are leading you."

GPS-Grace Power Strength: Divorced? For The Single Man or Woman: My Hope For You gps-gracepowerstrength.blogspot.com:

Acts 1:7(Message) says this: He told them, “You don’t get to know the time. Timing is the Father’s business. What you’ll get is the Holy Spirit." John 14:26(AMPC) tells us what the Holy Spirit does in our lives: "Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, Standby)".

Christ is not here. The Word tells us where he is. He's preparing a place for us (John 14:1-6). In the meantime, the Holy Spirit is who helps us along the way. And since the Word defines wives as "helpers" (Genesis 2:18) and the Holy Spirit is the Ultimate Helper, who better to lead us to our future husbands than he? Who better to bring us to so much peace, joy and satisfaction in the process than he? Who better works with God the Father to make everything happen, just at the right place and time, than he?

Every time that the man in this video said "Follow the ones who are leading you", he had an even greater surprise in store for his bride-to-be. And for me, I got more excited for/with her because it felt like that was what the Holy Spirit was saying to me and wanted me to share with you:

FOLLOW ME. I WILL LEAD YOU TO THE BEST MAN FOR YOU.

Following the Holy Spirit requires faith (2 Corinthians 5:7) and obedience (Mark 12:30-31).

We're not following him if we're sleeping around (I Corinthians 6:16-20-Message).
We're not following him if we're not honoring biblical boundaries and standards (Matthew 19:1-12).
We're not following him if we're impatient (Philippians 4:6-7).

We're only following him when we're Word-abiding (John 8:31-32) and self-denying (Matthew 16:24). When we're trusting that everything has a time, season and purpose and we don't always get to know the timing for things. What we do know is the Godhead know what they are doing. God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit (I John 5:8) have our back! What is truly (TRULY) good for us, God will not withhold. That's a biblical promise (Psalm 84:11).

I pray you will keep this in mind as you watch this video. It's close to 18 minutes but honestly doesn't feel like it and is truly worth every moment.



Don't settle.
DON'T. SETTLE.
God never intended for any of his daughters to.



Good stuff!

Are you *letting* God lead *you* to your future husband?



Proverbs 12:4,

SRW

No comments:

Post a Comment