Monday, December 26, 2016

An Ounce of Prevention: 'Are You Spiritually Ready for Marriage?'


Image result for marriage preparation quotes

Welp...

"I think people focus so much on 'Can he provide?' more than they do the spiritual aspect of it." Yep. I'll say this. BIBLICALLY, provision *is* a part of the spiritual responsibility of a husband; however, I totally get where they are coming from. I deal with quite a few married couples who are like "Our marriage is in trouble" but when I'm like "Do you pray? Do you have devotional time together? DO YOU HAVE SEX?" ("Sex is as much a spiritual mystery as it is a physical fact"--I Corinthians 6:16--Message) they look at me like I'm crazy. MARRIAGE WAS NOT DESIGNED TO WORK WITHOUT GOD AND THAT MEANS HAVING A STRONG SPIRITUAL FOUNDATION AND BEING ON A DAILY WALK WITH HIM (2 CORINTHIANS 5:7, I THESSALONIANS 5:17, MATTHEW 6:11, EPHESIANS 5).

As people are preparing to go into the calendar new year, this is something to really and truly ponder (Proverbs 4:26). Why date someone who is not striving for spiritual growth? Why even contemplate marriage if your spirituality is not the top priority and a daily practice of your life?

I like how this wife says "I love your headship." HIGH PRAISE. It really is.

Food for thought...




Proverbs 12:4,

SRW

No comments:

Post a Comment