Thursday, January 26, 2017

An Ounce of Prevention: Loving Someone Means Putting Their Purpose FIRST

Love is conditions:

"May He grant you according to your heart’s desire, and fulfill all your purpose."---Psalm 20:4(NKJV)


Lord knows...

I have all kinds of love for The Little House on the Prairie. For so many reasons, but two of the main ones is that Michael Landon, as Charles Ingalls, is BEYOND FINE *and* he and his wife Caroline are such a wonderful BIBLICAL EXAMPLE of what it means to remain in the BIBLICAL ROLES to create MARITAL ONENESS.

Anyway, I've probably seen just about every episode close to a dozen times at this point. One that I'm watching right now is entitled "Doctor's Lady" and I'm being led to share it because well...if you've never seen it before, I don't want to give everything away but the gist is this: It's such a wonderful reminder that TRUE LOVE IS SELFLESS. Meaning, when you really love someone, that means that their purpose, their needs and their future are strongly taken into account and consideration. It also means that you're not so selfish (Philippians 2:3, I Corinthians 13:5--NCV) that you'll stand in their way of progress if life reveals that while the two of you may care about each other, *but you don't truly complement one another*, that you'll love them enough to...let them go (and vice versa). After all, the Word doesn't say that God gave Adam someone to love; it says he created someone who "I will make him a helper (suitable, adapted, complementary) for him." (Genesis 2:18--AMPC)

For instance, I know a couple who love one another, but the guy desperately desires children (to conceive and birth his own children) while the girl wants any and everything BUT kids. He's determined to change her mind and she's like "I mean...I *guess* I can give you ONE. Maybe." She's not doing that because of her desire for kids. She's doing it to keep a man. No child deserves to be some relationship's...glue.

Another example is from my own life. When my first and I were on our "Let's really get this resolved, one way or another" tour, I so respect how he was like "Shellie, I'm always going to love you but you deserve more than I can give you." He's right. Praise the Lord that my self-esteem has gotten to a place where I agreed with him and didn't think "I mean, we love each other. I'm willing to go without...a lot just to have you."

See where I'm going with this?
Sometimes, there's not only protection in rejection but God's blessing too.

Anyway, when you get a roughly an hour or so, check this episode out...



Little House on the Prairie - S01E17 - Doctors... by LittleHouseonthePrairie

If you're currently seeing someone, pray about whether or not you're loving them unselfishly...

And either way, ask God to reveal to you what your purpose is and who will TRULY COMPLEMENT IT.

I've shared this quote before. It's one of my favorites because there is SO MUCH TRUE to it:

http://m.likesuccess.com/quotes/21/1039379.png

REAL LOVE IS CONTINUAL BECOMING...

Pray for God to bring someone into your life who will help you to become ALL that he wants you to be. And, that you'll do the same for him. Also, pray for the strength that if you're not that for someone you care about, that you'll let them go. True love requires sacrifice. Just ask God. And Christ. (John 3:16)

His Purpose, His Presence, His Peace...

SRW

No comments:

Post a Comment