Tuesday, March 28, 2017

An Ounce of Prevention: 'The Wait Is Sexy'

Wait until marriage.:

Well...

Something that I think we need to always remember when it comes to sex before marriage is 1) waiting until AFTER our wedding is a biblical instruction; 2) God does not OWE us sex (or a husband) and 3) there are very clear consequences that come from fornication. I Corinthians 6:9-10 tells us that it can keep us from inheriting the kingdom of God and, if it goes unrepentant, it can lead to...let's just say a very uncomfortable afterlife (Revelation 21:8). Sexual sin is serious. Just because the world makes it seem like it's "no biggie", make no mistake about it. The Word takes it *very seriously* (I Corinthians 6:16-20).

That said...

I haven't checked all of this out, although I have seen Insecure before (and was *floored* to find out Yvonne Orji was a virgin in real life!) and I've seen her talk about it on a radio interview before. Plus, a male friend of mine who is a believer hipped me to it, so I'm going to take him at his referral.

If you're a virgin, there is MUCH VALUE in your gift. HOLD ON TO IT.

If you're currently abstaining, one of the consequences of not being a virgin is withdrawal moments. Trust me, I know. God never intended for us to stop having sex once we started. Yet there are rewards for repentance (I John 1:9-10) and mind renewal (Romans 12:2). Trust the process.

If you're having sex, there's no way around the fact that it's a form of idol worship (Exodus 20:3); anything that we put above God is just that. I Corinthians 6:18 tells us to *flee sexual immorality*. There's no time like the present!

Anyway, watch the video and share with others...
Virginity is beautiful. And purposeful. And of God...
It really, really is!




His Purpose, His Presence, His Peace...

SRW

No comments:

Post a Comment