Thursday, June 22, 2017

"On Fire": (VIDEOS) A Man of God Is FLUENT in Godliness (DON'T. SETTLE.)

Image result for godly husband quotes

Spirit-Guided Relationships: Wives and Husbands

"And further, submit to one another out of reverence for Christ.
 

For wives, this means submit to your husbands as to the Lord. For a husband is the head of his wife as Christ is the head of the church. He is the Savior of his body, the church. As the church submits to Christ, so you wives should submit to your husbands in everything.
 

For husbands, this means love your wives, just as Christ loved the church. He gave up his life for her to make her holy and clean, washed by the cleansing of God’s word. He did this to present her to himself as a glorious church without a spot or wrinkle or any other blemish. Instead, she will be holy and without fault. In the same way, husbands ought to love their wives as they love their own bodies. For a man who loves his wife actually shows love for himself. No one hates his own body but feeds and cares for it, just as Christ cares for the church. And we are members of his body.

As the Scriptures say, 'A man leaves his father and mother and is joined to his wife, and the two are united into one.' This is a great mystery, but it is an illustration of the way Christ and the church are one. So again I say, each man must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband."---Ephesians 5:21-33(NLT)



Back when I was mentoring pregnant and sexually active teens...

Some of the young women I would meet identified themselves as being lesbian. I was in public school settings, so I had to be really careful about what I would say as far as my biblical convictions were concerned. My usual go-to statement would be "I hate there won't be more of you." And I meant that.

Here's what I mean...

Growing up, I had a "love uncle" who really struggled with homosexuality. He desired the lifestyle, but also loved the Word. That is indeed a predicament (Romans 7:15-20). He ended up dying, way too prematurely, do to an "illness" that we're still not really clear about.

And that's it. A great man. An attractive man. A man with a heart of gold. Dead.
No wife, no family, no legacy that's connected to having a wife and family. That's heartbreaking.

That's where my head was at when I would speak to the girls that I would affectionately refer to as "my daughters". Satan is the ultimate Liar (John 8:44), who seeks to steal, kill, destroy (John 10:10) and devour (I Peter 5:8)...however and whomever he can.

He hates me so much that he brought a HORRIFIC INFLUENCE into my life who introduced me to abortions. For several years, my uterus was a battlefield. Four casualties were the result (Psalm 139:13, Exodus 20:13).

And personally? I sincerely believe that some of the most called people on the planet identify as being homosexual. And, just like Satan worked overtime to get me to destroy my own seed, he appears to be working harder than ever to get so many of them to not create any at all. Let us *never forget* that GOD SAID that only a man and a woman, as husband and wife, are to be sexually intimate, in part, so that they can conceive children (Genesis 1:26-28, Malachi 2:15--NCV). Homosexuality (Romans 1, I Corinthians 6:9-10) directly opposes these things. I didn't make that up; *the Bible says it* (Colossians 2:8--AMPC, 2 Timothy 4:1-5).

Yet lately, there have been more and more women who either were practicing lesbians (Romans 12:2, 2 Corinthians 5:16-20, Jeremiah 31:21-22--Message) or are still somewhat struggling with it who've been writing me via this blog about God's will, relationships and biblically-defined marriage.

As I was speaking with one of them this morning, Jackie Hill-Perry came to mind. I'm pretty sure some of you are familiar with her testimony of being a former practicing lesbian. She's married now. With a daughter.

However, it's *her marriage proposal*, that I want to share today because the reality is that all of us are struggling with something in the sense of who God called us (Romans 11:29, Psalm 82:6) to be vs. who we are acting like/being (Galatians 5:16-17).

One of the biggest struggles I continue to see are women who are choosing men they are unequally-yoked with; *even though the Word clearly says not to do that* (2 Corinthians 6:11-18). In fact, it even takes things a step further and says that we're not to intimately involve ourselves at all with people who say they are believers but live contrary to what that truly means (I Corinthians 5). In other words, when we claim to be followers of biblical truth (John 8:31-32), we are to act like it (James 1:21-26). People should see it via our fruit (Matthew 12:33).

GFor us single women...
A part of what comes with that...
Is waiting for a MAN OF GOD to marry.

NOTHING. LESS.

Image result for godly husband quotes

Jackie's Hill's now-husband Preston's proposal of marriage (which automatically had me when I saw "Covenant" pop up on the screen) to her is the reason why this message has the title that it does. LISTEN. TO. WHAT. HE. IS. SAYING. Godliness just flows...effortlessly.

I got my start as a poet, so his gift/talent alone gets to me on one level. Yet the fact that he has such a heart for God is what really stands out. A woman can truly trust a man who submits under the authority of the Most High (James 4:7). Anything less is...spiritually-dangerous. To put it mildly.

No matter where you struggle lies...make some time to watch this...
It's a standard raiser.

And if you've already made the personal commitment to not settle...
Let this by the confirmation that you made the right choice.
BECAUSE YOU DID.



SO GOOD! Really!

And, if you want to see their wedding, here ya go:



Oh! Just one more thing...

Image result for settle quotes, maureen dowd

Words to live by!


His Purpose, His Presence, His Peace...

SRW

No comments:

Post a Comment