Tuesday, July 11, 2017

An Ounce of Prevention: (VIDEO) 'Wife Material'

Image result for girlfriend, side piece quotes

OK...

Dude at the very beginning telling us to "shhh" is creepy as all get out and this is a video that you're listening to not really watching, but Pastor John Gray had me at:

"Here's what the Scripture says: 'He that finds a wife finds a good thing. It doesn't say he who finds a girl, who he's attracted to, who he then begins to date who he then calls his girlfriend, who he then finds a ring and proposes and then makes his fiancee' and then marries later who becomes his wife. YOU'RE NOT A WIFE WHEN I MARRY YOU, YOU'RE A WIFE WHEN I FIND YOU. You become *my wife* when I marry you."

If you keep listening, you'll see (well, hear) even more reasons why I'm sooooooooooooooo not into the whole boyfriend/girlfriend thing. Friendship should be the foundation (Ecclesiastes 4:9-12, John 15:13). Unlike playing husband and wife whether physically (I Corinthians 6) or emotionally (Proverbs 4:23), *friendship is biblical*!

Anyway, the video is only about six minutes so check it out and pass it along.

DEFINITELY some food for thought!



His Purpose, His Presence, His Peace...

SRW

No comments:

Post a Comment